Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Watti Tehuia  

RSS
archibald OWC
(@archibald-owc)

Im currently in the states, this is a very confusing situation, I am searching for my Grandfather my dad has passed, and it still isnt quite known for sure his offical given name, I know it to be Alby (albert) Stubbings, Anderson, Tehuia, Fatu. The surnames are those he collected by the families that raised him, my dad was born in Taumaunui, and it is believed that my Grandmother, his mum died at early 20's shortly after his birth, then he was placed with a uncle, and raised as brothers, by his mum, Stubbings, is her name. That would make her an aunt to my dad. I am at a complete loss, searching for the exact percentage of maori, and his connections to the hms bounty, There are many unanswered questions, and I am hoping that someone knows somthing, I dont expect my Grandfather Watti to be still living, but if someone knows somthing or has details any at all, please email me,..

Thank you
Joy

Posted : 19 January, 2007 4:59 am
Share: