Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHAANGA: from Nuhaka  

RSS
Sanday OWC
(@sanday-owc)

Would like to find out more about my ancestors, not sure what line I descend from. I think my Grandfathers name was Teraatau Whaanga

Posted : 02 March, 2005 9:56 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Sanday,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and search for Whaanga, you will find varous records that may help you piece together your lines. However, just a word of caution, not all information in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 5:05 pm
Sanday OWC
(@sanday-owc)

Thank You for that information much appreciated
Sanday

quote:

Kia ora Sanday,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and search for Whaanga, you will find varous records that may help you piece together your lines. However, just a word of caution, not all information in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 8:58 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano Sandy,

If you make sure you are at the Whakapapa Club and click on full search, doing a search for Whaanga you will find a few listings for the Whaanga Whanau, and maybe a bit more info to help you piece things together

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2005 1:05 am
bacon OWC
(@bacon-owc)

Kia ora
I have a rally, Te Rataau Whaanga.
Father was Kahutia Whaanga, brn abt 1880, Nuhaka.
Mother Hiraina Pere, born abt 1882, Turanganui.
I have a little bit more if it is the same person.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2005 11:34 pm
Hineaio OWC
(@hineaio-owc)

Kia Ora,
You could email rakaipaaka@xtra.co.nz, check out their website as well,they are the runanga for the Nuhaka area and could give you some info, or names of people to get in touch with.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2005 11:44 am
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

Te Rataau Whaanga, the father of the great chief Ihaka Whaanga? There is plenty infomation about Ihaka Whaanga online but ae contact rakaipaaka.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 April, 2005 11:00 pm
Share: