Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHAANGA, Ihaka  

RSS
stephyz2 OWC
(@stephyz2-owc)

Kia ora

Ihaka whaanga is my grt grt grt grand father, I am Turuhira driscilla Kupa (nee Whaanga) one of very many mokopuna, i am looking for any information from anyone who might know anything about Ihaka to help me out with my whakapapa, i find myself going back and forth to many destinations on the internet and wish to only go forth. If you can help please let me know and if you are related to me even better, always welcoming whanau.

ka kite
stephz

Posted : 07 December, 2005 12:57 am
Mistee OWC
(@mistee-owc)

There's a bit of korero about him in the Dictionary Of New Zealand Biography ..heres the addy:
http://www.dnzb.govt.nz/dnzb/default.asp?Find_Quick.asp?PersonEssay=1W15

But if ya ever in the Wairoa/Nuhaka/Mahia region..there are plenty people that can help you there...he has uri everywhere there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2005 7:19 pm
DTTeepa OWC
(@dtteepa-owc)

Kia ora Ko Damita Teepa toku ingoa Ihaka Whaanga is my grt grt grt grandfather as well, through his son Ihaka Maihi Whaanga, I too have searched for any info on this whanau for a good 4/5 years, unfortunately all the info that I have is hard copy only but I am very willing to share the info with anyone that is searching. I know exaclty how hard, time consuming and sometimes discouraging it can be to look for this info.If you are able to email me and maybe we could set up some way of you recieving all the information that I have. E mail me at ngatohuariaritanga@hotmail.com.nz. Until then keep on searching it really is worth it in the end.
Naku noa Damita

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 August, 2006 1:10 pm
Lynda Lines OWC
(@lynda-lines-owc)

Kia Ora Stephz. I have a sort of oval picture with Ihaka Whaanga in the middle of it. I am lead to believe that 2 of my tupuna are also in the picture but I have been unable to connect them to Ihaka. I do not know where the original picture is but have been told its in a Marae somewhere. If you email me an address I can send you a copy of the picture, sry but its not a very good copy, but may be some help to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 August, 2006 8:40 am
Purerehua OWC
(@purerehua-owc)

Kia Ora Lynda,
I was just wondering if the picture you are talking about is the same one in the book Maori in Focus, William Main, pg 24.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 August, 2006 2:12 pm
Lynda Lines OWC
(@lynda-lines-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Lynda,
I was just wondering if the picture you are talking about is the same one in the book Maori in Focus, William Main, pg 24.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 August, 2006 12:28 pm
Lynda Lines OWC
(@lynda-lines-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Lynda,

Not sure how i got on your page, but any how dont know about the book but will check it out in the local library, thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 August, 2006 12:30 pm
Lynda Lines OWC
(@lynda-lines-owc)

Kia Ora Purerehua, tino pai, you are so right about the picture in the book you mentioned, do you happen to know who all the other people are in that same picture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2006 12:15 pm
Mahia OWC
(@mahia-owc)

Kia Ora Stephanie

I maybe able to help in some way or vice versa. Ihaka Whaanga is my Grandfather of 6 generations. My line descends down from his 3rd wife "Te Paea Onepoto Taruke" and their son Titoko Ihareira Whaanga. If you would like to talk you can catch me on shbw@xtra.co.nz

Hope to hear from you

Sheree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2006 9:04 pm
Purerehua OWC
(@purerehua-owc)

Kia Ora Lynda, kaore sorry. I have the book thats all, and have always wondered the same thing, I am also from Rakaipaaka. Can anyone else help perhaps???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2006 12:30 pm
Mark Ihaka Whaanga OWC
(@mark-ihaka-whaanga-owc)

Kiora Stephz

I'm not sure if you are still looking for info, I know it's been awhile since you first posted your message, but I maybe able to help you with your search. I have recently set-up a family whakapapa site for the Whaanga, Te Ngaio, Manley and Rikihana Families, to help whanau who are searching, the website address is:

( http://whaanga.tribalpages.com)
please email me at: midesign2@yahoo.co.nz

and i will give you the password or any other assistance i can with your search.

Naku noa na
Mark Ihaka Whaanga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2008 7:56 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora

Ihaka whaanga is my grt grt grt grand father, I am Turuhira driscilla Kupa (nee Whaanga) one of very many mokopuna, i am looking for any information from anyone who might know anything about Ihaka to help me out with my whakapapa, i find myself going back and forth to many destinations on the internet and wish to only go forth. If you can help please let me know and if you are related to me even better, always welcoming whanau.

ka kite
stephz

I've just finished helping my aunt put together a pānui for uncle Mac Whaanga's unveiling in Mahia. Uncle Mac was the senior chief of Nuhaka & Mahia.
If you'd like to email me I can give you more info.
Kia ora
Nani

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 February, 2008 2:31 pm
Share: