Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Whaanga, Te Otene  

RSS
phiona OWC
(@phiona-owc)

Kia Ora
I am trying to find out if Te Otene Whaanga (Mahia/Nuhaka)was known by any other names?
If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated.
Thankyou
Phiona

Posted : 07 February, 2006 12:39 pm
kancoo OWC
(@kancoo-owc)

Kia Ora I dunno whether my info is relevant but we never know aye.

My father is Joseph Te Otene Matenga Tukareaho Pomare from the Mahia/ Nuhaka area also. I'm also aware that the name Whaanga is right up there also in our whakapapa, where I cant tell you

Heoi ano

Robbie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2007 8:35 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora Kancoo, I guess we relate closely through Maata Takotoroa who md Paora Pomare and had Keita & Otene Pomare. I descend through 2nd Husband of Maata who was Paratene Manuwai.

Kia Ora Phiona. Paratene Manuwai 1st wife Ripeka md Ihaka Whaanga and had Otene Whaanga, so I guess we relate as well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 March, 2007 10:27 am
Share: