Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHAKAHORO / TUAHINE whanau  

RSS
Kahungungu OWC
(@kahungungu-owc)

Kia ora koutou katoa.I am seeking any information regarding my tipuna Tuahine Whakahoro and Koro Tuahine. Any panui would be very appreciated.

Posted : 09 November, 2004 12:06 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora Kahungungu

could you please let us know where your tupuna were from if known
and keep searching my friend dont ever give up as I know that you
will be dearly rewarded

Kia Kaha Kia Manawa nui

Na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2004 7:41 am
Kahungungu OWC
(@kahungungu-owc)

Tena koe Inu, mo to whakaro pai ki a au.
Koro Tuahine was born and bred in Wairoa, married Miriama Huatahi(Amu amu)from Te Reinga.Unsure where his father Tuahine Whakahoro was born but married Rora Tupuna.

Kia ora ra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2004 3:19 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Kahungungu,

If you go to http://www.familysearch.org/ and do a surname search for Whakahoro and set the country to New Zealand, you will find quite a few Whakahoro whanau from Wairoa. There are also a few Huatahi and Amuamu listed as well.

Note though that all the info may not be correct, but it is a great place to start putting whakapapa together

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2004 4:40 pm
Kapden_Niro OWC
(@kapden_niro-owc)

quote:

Tena koe Inu, mo to whakaro pai ki a au.
Koro Tuahine was born and bred in Wairoa, married Miriama Huatahi(Amu amu)from Te Reinga.Unsure where his father Tuahine Whakahoro was born but married Rora Tupuna.

Kia ora ra

Tena Koe. Im a little whakama to speak in the hope that I do not offend family. Tuahine Whakahoro and Rora Tupuna are my great grand parents. Koro and Miriama Tuahine are my grand parents. Hemi Tuahine is my father of Hastings. My fathers eldest brother ( now deceased ) was Joseph Teokura Tuahine or Joe, Trevor is the youngest son. I dont mean to sound like a know it all but tears started to well in my karu's to see something of our whakapapa. Kia ora!! I will talk to my father and ask more of Nanny Tuahine Whakahoro and post as soon as i can to help more whanau to see.
Arohatinonui Tuahine Whanau

Naku
Kapotahi Frederiksen nee Tuahine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2005 12:13 pm
Share: