Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHATI, Te Otene  

RSS
phiona OWC
(@phiona-owc)

Looking for help with my husbands whakapapa. From the death certificate of Te Otene's son, Wiremu 1935, we have found the name Te Otene Whati but we know nothing else except that his first wife was Keriana Taruke of Whangara. We have very strong connections to Whangara but no one there knows where Te Otene came from. I have a feeling that he may have been from Mahia as his Marae is given as Rongomaiwahine. Does anyone know who he was? or even have his Whakapapa?
I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Phiona

Posted : 03 October, 2005 3:21 pm
ramosnz OWC
(@ramosnz-owc)

quote:

Looking for help with my husbands whakapapa. From the death certificate of Te Otene's son, Wiremu 1935, we have found the name Te Otene Whati but we know nothing else except that his first wife was Keriana Taruke of Whangara. We have very strong connections to Whangara but no one there knows where Te Otene came from. I have a feeling that he may have been from Mahia as his Marae is given as Rongomaiwahine. Does anyone know who he was? or even have his Whakapapa?
I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Phiona

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2006 12:04 am
ramosnz OWC
(@ramosnz-owc)

I know of a Te Otene WHAANGA who was a son of Ihaka Whaanga and his third wife Tepaea Onepoto. He was from Mahia. Apologies about the other reply above I am still getting used to this website

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2006 12:10 am
phiona OWC
(@phiona-owc)

Kia Ora for that. Do you know if Te Otene Whaanga and Te Otene Whati are the same person?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2006 5:58 am
Share: