Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHITE whanau/Tokumaru Bay/help with my whakapapa  

RSS
jntchem OWC
(@jntchem-owc)

Kia ora Te Whanau,
I am searching for my whanau in the Tokumaru Bay area. My grandmother is from there. Her name is Enid White, who married Jury Kehu Thompson. They lived in Bridge Pa,Hastings. Nana was born 25 Dec 1908 and died 27 March 1989. Please I need more info on whanau from her side in which I have never meet. My cousin Darrel Reid is my second cousin who spoke of the White whanau.

Posted : 28 May, 2005 9:21 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe jntchem,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Enid in the firstname, White in the surname and set the country to New Zealand, you will find some listings which may help you. NOTE: not all the info in that site is accurate, but it is a good place to start

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 1:54 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

You might want to try the marae's in Tokomaru Bay as well. If you go to the oldfriends website - www.oldfriends.nz.co - do a search for marae's in the Tokomaru Bay area. You can have a look at some of the members listed there. Maybe they would be able to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2005 4:14 pm
huihana OWC
(@huihana-owc)

Tena Koe Leah,
Nga mihi aroha ki a koe,
Ko Marotiri te maunga
Ko Mangahauani te awa
KoTuatini te Marae
Ko Whanau-a-Ruataupari te hapu
Ko Ngati Porou whanui te iwi
you have a huge whanau, most,no all of us from Tokomaru are related one way or other,your whakapapa can easily be found in the book Horouta. 2/3yrs ago whanau started to update the whakapapa of Pitiperia Waite of whom you are ure.Will write it out for u if u wish.
Huihana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2005 1:36 am
huihana OWC
(@huihana-owc)

Ka aroha Leah,
Forgot to mention, we have a Jury Thompson in the urupa at Tuatini will check with the whanau if one of the same or he whanaunga/ure
huihana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2005 1:48 am
Tihema
(@tihema)

kia ora ko tihema taku ingoa there is a kuia living hastings bye da name of Mina white(waerea) 06 8796499 she will b able 2 help u.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2005 10:57 am
Share: