Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Wi Pou - Georgiana Meen : (Royal/Roera) Mangakahia  

RSS
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Hello,

If anyone is able to assist I am trying to find the whakapapa for Wi Pou, from Mangakahia who married Georgiana Meen from England. Wi Pou visted England in the 1860's along with other chiefs from the North including Ngati Horohia Chief, Te Hautakiri Kamariera Wharepapa.

Georgiana was a member of Queen Victorias household and she gave the marriage her blessing. Wi Pou claimed the union had been blessed by the Queen, so their first born was named William Royal Pou. This is how the name Royal/Roera came into effect in the North.

I am the great grandson of William Royals sister, Ngaroma Pou who married Hare Pikari, and subsequently Arena.

If you are able to assist, please contact me at normanbeazley@clear.net.nz or 04-9024822

many thanks

Norman Beazley

Posted : 13 February, 2008 2:57 pm
Parakao1 OWC
(@parakao1-owc)

Contact Ngati Hine FM and ask for Brian Pou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2008 2:55 pm
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Many thanks, will do.

All the best

Norman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2008 5:36 pm
wikitoriakeane
(@wikitoriakeane)

Team koe Norman...are you in any way related to Susan Beazley who married Te Miha Peri (Tim) Pou from Parakao, Mangakahia?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2018 4:22 am
Share: