Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WIKIRIWHI Hirone  

TPO OWC
(@tpo-owc)

I am looking for any imformation concerning my grandfather,I know he was in the Army I found that online.I also know he was some kind of writer.But i would like to know what kind of person he was as i had only met him once or twice when i was very young.My mother was not raised by him [not his fault] so she does not know much.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Greg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 9:23 pm
whakar OWC
(@whakar-owc)

ceylon(hirone)wikirwhi,was from whakarewarewa,rotorua,his family still reside there,contact maihi pinker or any of the wikiriwhi whanau in rotorua,names in the phone book or if you happen to cruise past rotorua,his mokopuna work in the whakarewarewa village. kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 10:29 pm
whakar OWC
(@whakar-owc)

ceylon was a highly educated man,having been posted to the intelligence branch during the 2ww,he was also a respected komatua of tuhourangi/ngati wahiao of te arawa confderation of tribes,he also was affiliated to the ngapuhi tribes,maybe this bit of info will help you a bit ma te waa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 10:49 pm
TPO OWC
(@tpo-owc)

Thanks for that I do know some of the Wikiriwhi whanau in Rotorua but living in Australia makes it a little harder to be able to communicate with them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2007 12:56 am
hayden OWC
(@hayden-owc)

Hi im looking for information of my grandfather Jimmy WIKIRIWHI, and my father Gregory WIKIRIWHI (Whitecliffe). I am hoping to find anything that can help prove and identify my lineage. Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 10:00 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

I know most of your wikiriwhi whanau at whaka village, rotorua. I remember koro Beaker, Te Autiti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2007 10:12 pm
Aly
 Aly
(@aly)
  1. Hi Greg, Hirone or "poppy" as we called him was our great grandfather. He was and is still highly thought of un our family and we have many stories, photos and experiences we would be happy to share with you. I am happy to share what i can ouyside of the forum. You can email me at: mcveigh27@gmail.com. Take care...Aly
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2018 4:55 am

Working

Please Login or Register