Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WILSON-KOMENE/OUTRAM=Kaikohe  

RSS
delboy
(@delboy)

Hello, Trying to locate family or information on the following,

WILSON, Charles (Charlie)
Born: 1867c

Married or relationship with

KOMENE or OUTRAM Takurua
Possibley born 1909 Aramohoe, Northland

These two likely had children, and are buried together at Kaikohe Cemetery.

Family rumour names the bride as surname KOMENE, however on grave search info it comes up as OUTRAM, so perhaps she was was married prior ? Her parents may be

Father: Matutaera KOMENE
1885 <Northland, New Zealand
Died Northland, NZ

Mother: Hana HEREPO
1889 <Northland, New Zealand
Death: Dead Aramahoe, Northland, New Zealand

Married 1910 Northland , NZ

from familysearch.org

Any assistance apprecited.

Posted : 24 May, 2006 8:19 pm
delboy
(@delboy)

Hi,

Can anyone help me make sense of the document on the following link, I found it while googling the name Takurua Komene. Being a random search its hard to make head or tail of, I know it has to do with land.

http://www.justice.govt.nz/maorilandcourt/pdf/Te%20Pouwhenua%2029.pdf

Mentioned also succession at Kaikohe is Edward Wilson-Takurua Komene, Charles above had a brother Edward who also lived & died in Kaikohe. Or maybe This Edward is a child of Charlie and Takurua.

Maybe this is a way I could locate living family, further down the track ?

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 May, 2006 12:41 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Hi there, just had a look at that link it was a date set for a land succession hearing with the Maori Land Courts for a section or land for a Takura Komene. The applicant's name who was applying for the sucession was Edward Wilson.

The application number is A20050006042.

You may want to ring the M.L.Courts up north and have a talk to them. I have found the staff at the land courts quite helpful. They usually can tell you a few things over the phone.

Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 May, 2006 2:44 pm
Gabes OWC
(@gabes-owc)

Hi Delboy

Takurua Komene is my grandfather's older sister.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2006 3:16 pm
delboy
(@delboy)

HI,Thanks for your reply, does this sound like the same person that Ive mentioned ? Charlie Wilson was my Nanas Uncle. I would like to be able to confirm if this union is correct and if there was any children. I thought there may be a daugher Alice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2006 6:06 pm
Gabes OWC
(@gabes-owc)

Hi Delboy

Takurua Komene is my grandfather's older sister. My grandfather's name is Jerry Komene (Here).

Nanna Taku used to live next door to my grandfather, at Butler Road, Kerikeri.

The information you have concerning their parents is correct.

Takurua married Charles Wilson. They have 4 children, 3 boys and a girl. The boys are Billy (William), Laurie (deceased) and George. Their daughter is Alice, who is also deceased.

Years after Charles Wilson passed away, she remarried Tom Outram. They had no children.

If you want anymore information, ring (07) 3665 613.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2006 6:09 pm
delboy
(@delboy)

Hi, and thanks again...this is really awesome, finally the puzzle is starting to be solved. I will definatley give you a call, but likely wait till off peak tolls as Im in Auckland.

Cheers
Del

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2006 10:15 am
Share: