Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WILSON / WIRIHANA  

RSS
Ronaldson OWC
(@ronaldson-owc)

I am trying to research this line of my family and would like to hear from anyone who knows these people. My grandfather was Hohepa Toroiti (Joseph) Wilson and his wife was Maehe May Hemi. I think my great grandfather may have been Hetaraka Wirihana who was married to Huria Tekateka. They were from the Canvastown area. I need to know that I am following the right line. Any help would be great.

Posted : 09 February, 2008 3:23 pm
ljpeaglen OWC
(@ljpeaglen-owc)

Kia ora e hoa. Having seen the name Wilson/Wirihana- that is my maiden name. Those people are also my grandparents. Who are your parents? My father was Reece Wilson, son of your grandparents. One of them anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2008 12:20 pm
Ronaldson OWC
(@ronaldson-owc)

Wow. Great to get a reply so quickly. My father was Albert Wilson who was a year or so older than your Dad. We lived and grew up in Kerikeri. Would love to hear more. If you would like to you can email me on debz_r@bigpond.net.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2008 2:30 pm
ljpeaglen OWC
(@ljpeaglen-owc)

Hi I just found an e-mail address. I think this person is our couzin. She is a Wilson from Ngati Kuia, thats us. Give it a go anyway.sharonlbradley@bigpond.com.au. Let me know how you geton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 7:11 pm
ljpeaglen OWC
(@ljpeaglen-owc)

Sorry dont' put anyway as the beginning of the e-mail. Don't know how I did that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 7:14 pm
nevada OWC
(@nevada-owc)

tena koe e hoa. I come off the Wilson/Wirihana line also and just to add a bit more 'confusion' to your query, it is interesting to note that you say your great grandfather is/maybe Hetaraka Wirihana. My paternal grandmother was a Wirihana and is a child of James Paetai Wilson/Wirihana who married Aporina Te Amohau Hataraka or Hetaraka (1st wife) my great great grandfather is Wiremu Kaimoana Wilson/Wirihana who married Kararaina Rawhi. Its quite daunting but don't give up as there are a lot of whanau out there who are in a similar way. However I don't know if there is a connection, but the name Hetaraka caught my eye.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 7:15 pm
Ronaldson OWC
(@ronaldson-owc)

Hi Nevada, Thanks for that. The information I have found so far has been from this site. The first person to reply to my query is my cousin which is fantastic (we have never met). It is difficult for me to speak with the elder members from my family as I am in Australia but I will keep digging.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 7:33 pm
Ronaldson OWC
(@ronaldson-owc)

Hi ljpeaglen
Can't seem to get that email address to work. Do you know where she lives. The email address suggest Australia. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2008 7:49 pm
ljpeaglen OWC
(@ljpeaglen-owc)

Hi cousin, thanks for your e-mail, will reply soon, just trying to get some info for you. My Mum says hello and thinks it is great we have made contact. Sorry that e-mail address I gave you doesn't work. I thought it looked like an Australian address as well. Just been looking at my photos, have some of your Dad with our family. That was the last time I saw him. I was always taking photographs. Have some of Teresa as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 February, 2008 9:02 pm
Share: