Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WILSON/PIRIPI Ngamako  

RSS
Hinerangi OWC
(@hinerangi-owc)

E nga reo, E nga mana, e nga karanga maha o te motu, tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.
Ko Hinerangi toku ingoa.

I am looking 4 my grandmother who is Ngamako Wirihana who married a Tau Piripi (granfather) whakapapa on both sides. My dad is known by 3 name George Wilson, Buck Wilson and Tau Piripi. Any help will b greatly appreciated..

"Ko te mana i ahau, no oku tupuna no tua whakarere"

Naku na
HInerangi

Posted : 19 July, 2005 2:25 pm
ngatiwilson OWC
(@ngatiwilson-owc)

Kia Ora Hinerangi - did you read the other thread on this topic? Ngamako had a sister Te Mutu or Takua and two brothers that I know of Hakopa and Topoto. Te Mutu married Taramaiwhatu Matiaha, they had nine children and lived on their farm in the Mangapiko Valley. I am compiling a record of their descendents but often stumble upon info that may help you. Contact me again if you'd like to know more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 July, 2005 8:20 pm
Hinerangi OWC
(@hinerangi-owc)

Tena Koe,
Thanku 4 the reply, im just wondering if u know of a Rangiwaru Wiki who is my dads sister and lives in Te Hoe, actually she is my nan and he is my grandfather (long story). Im still trying 2 find out the Piripi side as well-Taungaroawhi, Tangaroawhai Phillips, any help?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2005 1:29 pm
ngatiwilson OWC
(@ngatiwilson-owc)

Don't recognise the name Taungaroawhi but I know Aunty Rangiwaru - must make the effort to visit her one day soon - she would be the best one to help you alright. Email me if you want to get in touch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 July, 2005 11:52 pm
Hinerangi OWC
(@hinerangi-owc)

Tena Koe Tamati,

Im not sure 2 sure if it is ngamako but i know i'm going 2 nanny Rangiwaru house very soon, and yes she is still in Te Hoe. It would b cool 2 keep in touch sumtime just 2 c where we r all at. If u like i could ask her about ur dad if u want and reply 2 u back this way. If u wanna email me my adres is hinerangi1@hotmail.com. Holla anytime and ill get bac 2 u.

Naku na
Hinerangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 August, 2005 2:09 pm
Hakaboy OWC
(@hakaboy-owc)

Kia ora Hinerangi,
My Great Grandmothers name was Tatu Piripi who married Te Iwa Henare both from Te Hoe. I dont know if Tatu is related to Tau though, i will talk to mum. May be some connection with tamati's thread too. I have a bit on the Henare side and the name Hone Henare appears a few times.
Also, i have heard the name Nga (possibly Ngamako)Wilson alot whom my mum and uncles talk of as a Kuia and Tohunga that lived to over 100 years old, my mum has a picture i think.

Last i saw of Rangi Wiki was about two years ago, better make a visit also.
Will keep in touch.
Kia ora mai
Julian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 August, 2005 3:11 pm
Hinerangi OWC
(@hinerangi-owc)

Tena Koe Julian,

I have also heard the name Nga as well and im sure its the same kuia that u r talking about. Will keep in touch with u 2. Any help apreciated.Hopefully we can all get 2gether 1 day.

Naku na
Hinerangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 August, 2005 4:11 pm
Hinerangi OWC
(@hinerangi-owc)

Tena Koe Tamati

This could be useful 4 ur research but i do know that a Ngati Tangaroa a whai tribe was established. Somehow there is a link 2 ur dad 2 hear and that is the same for my dad. Ill keep in touch.

Naku na
Hinerangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 August, 2005 10:41 am
ngatiwilson OWC
(@ngatiwilson-owc)

Hi - just to correct you about Nga. There was Ngamako who was a sister to Te Mutu, Hakopa and Topoto - she married a Piripi, one of their sons Timi or Jim married his first cousin Kirikowhai who was the daughter of Te Mutu and Taramaiwhatu Matiaha. The other Nga you refer to was married to Topoto, her name is Ngahikatea Wirihana - so was a sister-in-law to Ngamako.They had 4 sons and 1 daughter that I know of. Ngahikatea was the one who lived to be well over 100 and featured on the cover of Michael King's book - Moko. She was actually married four times and was given her moko because one of Tawhiao's daughters died in her arms. She is also mentioned in the book Koroki.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2005 2:20 pm
romi
 romi
(@romi)

Tena koe
There was a Ngamako who was a Waruhia and she married Tame Kingi, of Kawhia. They had a daughter, aunty Maggie she was known to us by.
aunty Maggie must have been born around 1910-1920 and grew up in Tauhei. A half-brother came later, he was called Paddy Hopa.
This Ngamako would have lived in Kawhia too as the Waruhia whanau were from Waipapa marae (like the parents of Tame Kingi were, too).
Hopefully this might help you a bit.
Romi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2005 11:17 pm
Share: