Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Wiremu Kopa  

RSS
enoka07 OWC
(@enoka07-owc)

I was wondering if there was anyone who had any information on Wiremu Kopa

Posted : 19 January, 2008 11:29 am
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

Tena koe is Wiremu Kopa hail from Ngati Hine, Waiomio. If so there is a big whanau from there. Naku noa......

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2008 3:11 am
flodel OWC
(@flodel-owc)

If it is the wiremu Kopa, (Nickname of Piri Kopa I am thinking of and knew well, then it must him. His partner for years was my aunt Hilda from Motatau (nee Tipene).You will find more of this large whanau both at Waiomio and Matawaia.He was a really nice man too, never wore false teeth but still managed a wide toothless grin whenever he saw anyone.He lived on the main highway about a couple of k's from the Waiomio turn-off. If this is not him then I hope you find the whanau you are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2008 5:30 pm
jmbaker62 OWC
(@jmbaker62-owc)

Kia Ora & Tena Koe I had a grandfather by the name of:Wiremu Kopa "AKA Piru Kopa or Bill Cooper who lived at the Settlement in Moerewa and he was married to my Nana:Era Hirini Kopa "AKA" Ella Cooper (nee: Paraone Kawiti ).Maybe this is a different person.Naku Noa Ora mai : Joyce

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2008 6:22 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

tena koe

Was wondering wiremu kopa be relative?

I'm relative to the kopa whanau on kathy's side;
whetu=piripi(kathy) kaikohe,
bill=eddie (waikato) and
collin=? (unsure)
are brothers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2008 10:05 am
PPYLAD OWC
(@ppylad-owc)

Ka mihi ki a tātou katoa e te whānau.
Enoka, Wiremu Kopa is a common name in the Kopa whānau. If you could provide his wife's name or his children's names, we could narrow it down.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 March, 2008 7:39 pm
Share: