Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WYLLIE, Kate, and PERE, Wi and TRASS whanau.  

RSS
jukarn OWC
(@jukarn-owc)

Kate Wyllie and Wi Pere lived in Gisborne in the 1800's, do not know much about early history of family. There is a family cottage in Gisborne called the Wyllie cottage. My grandfather is Geoffrey Ralston Wyllie who is now deceased and was living in New Plymouth, my grandmother also deceased is Shona Margaret Trass. Will like any leads as to finding out where my whanau is from.

Edited by - jukarn on Mar 10 2005 6:12:06 PM

Posted : 18 January, 2005 3:09 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora jukarn,

Could you give us a bit more info? For example, where each one is from and any other names if known.

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2005 1:31 pm
leitha OWC
(@leitha-owc)

kia ora,

To help with your research here is an E-mail that might help for more infomation on Kate Wyllie = tamanuhiritrust@clear.net.nz
WIth your research on Wi Pere there is a web site www.wipere.co.nz
I hopoe this helps in search for your whakapapa

Naku Noa
Turanga-nui-a-Kiwa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2005 11:07 pm
Barbara OWC
(@barbara-owc)

Information regarding Wi Pere - You can contact the Wi Pere Trust, Gisborne, and his sister Keita Wyllie, either the Rongowhakaata Trust or Ngai Tamanuhiri trust - another option check out the book 'Horouta' all the information and whakapapa you require is in there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2005 12:03 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

Thomas Halbert= Keita Kaikiri
Keita Halbert=James Ralston Wyllie.
Thomas Halbert was from Newcastle on Tyne.
There are several resources available to research the Halbert line. Yes the "Horouta" book by Rongowhakaata Halbert will assist you.

Edited by - wyllie on Aug 02 2005 01:30:07 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 August, 2005 1:25 am
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

There is a Wyllie cottage at the Gisborne Museum. That's another source of information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 August, 2005 1:33 am
REDWIN OWC
(@redwin-owc)

TRASS FAMILY INFO
Shona Margaret Trass (your grandmother) was Hannah Trass (nee Edwin) daughter. Shona has a sister named Aileen who lives in Taranaki. Hannah comes from a family of 7 and they were originally from Waikanae. If you need more info email me:

REDWIN@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2005 9:26 pm
natarsha OWC
(@natarsha-owc)

quote:

Kate Wyllie and Wi Pere lived in Gisborne in the 1800's, do not know much about early history of family. There is a family cottage in Gisborne called the Wyllie cottage. My grandfather is Geoffrey Ralston Wyllie who is now deceased and was living in New Plymouth, my grandmother also deceased is Shona Margaret Trass. Will like any leads as to finding out where my whanau is from.

Our father was Stanley Lachlan Ralston Wyllie, Dad passed away in February 2002. Our grandfather was Lachlan Ralston Wyllie and Kate Wyllie was Lachlan's grandmother. We are direct descendants of Kate Wyllie. Our family are from Gisborne and the East Coast.

My daughter Hannah and I live in Rotorua.

Natarsha Wyllie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2005 11:10 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia Ora, I relate to you but through another Wife of Thomas Halbert = (6w) Maora Pani and had Arihi Halbert (sis to Wi Pere) who is my gtgtgrandmother. I live in Porirua.

Your whanau is huge, and you will have no problems finding the history, especially from those still in Gisborne.

kia kaha, kia ngawari

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2005 4:51 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

hey isnt this interesting, i am of Wi Pere's 3rd wife. Riria Mauaranui, Rongowhakaata Halbert is in my line.

good to see the whanau look into whakapapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 1:45 am
chubb OWC
(@chubb-owc)

My name is Arihia Wyllie, i am from Gisborne NZ, my dads name is Rapihana Hawaikiirangi Wyllie, his father (my papa) name is also Rapihana Hawaikiirangi Wyllie, my great grandfathers name was Tutekawa Wyllie, i dont know much else been told heaps, my family was brought up in and around both Muriwai and Manutuke in Gisborne and my grandmother (dads mum) still lives in Manutuke.....
My uncle my dads little brother Jodi Belnavius Wyllie works at the Gisborne Museum and he as well as my dad and my other uncle Tutekawa Wyllie or Tu as he is called are well our family history talkers they are the guys to get ahold off...
I dont know if this helped but i know we are connected to Kate Wyllie pretty well enough to say she was family...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2007 9:55 pm
Debs OWC
(@debs-owc)

quote:

quote:

Our father was Stanley Lachlan Ralston Wyllie, Dad passed away in February 2002. Our grandfather was Lachlan Ralston Wyllie and Kate Wyllie was Lachlan's grandmother. We are direct descendants of Kate Wyllie. Our family are from Gisborne and the East Coast.

Natarsha Wyllie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2007 11:47 pm
Debs OWC
(@debs-owc)

quote:

quote:

Natarsha Wyllie

Hi everyone, I have just recently learned a small part of my whakapapa. My grandmother is Kathleen Chatfield, her mum was Norma Wyllie, Norma's father was Gavin Ralston Wyllie, his mother was Kate Wyllie.
I'm interested in the name Lachlan as that is my grandfathers name and his mother was Elanor Gannon. Elanors father was Michael Gannon (Kate Wyllies 2nd husband)
Obviously you link in here somewhere? Looking forward to learning more about the whakapapa and Rongowhakaata

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2007 11:57 pm
sconey OWC
(@sconey-owc)

kia ora to you all! im not sure how many people are still following this thread but i just came upon it and thought id share my connection.

Thomas halbert and Keita Kaikiri were my great great great grandparents through the Gannon side like you, deb. My dad did quite a bit of research on our family tree so if anyone needs any more info i can see what we can provide!

Another question i would like confirmed is, am i right in that we are Ngati Kaipoho?

sarah

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 August, 2007 8:04 pm
Share: