Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PUTERE c1855, MAKIRANGI c1855  

RSS

Aata
 Aata
(@aata)
24 May, 2011 10:36 am  

Looking for descendants of...

PUTERE... Lived in Waikato c1855+

MAKIRANGI... Lived in Waikato c1855+

Any info relating to above couple much appreciated...

masonie
(@masonie)
03 January, 2012 7:44 am  

Am searching for whakapapa for my great grandfather Te Waanihi Te Mataere Matawha Putere. I would dearly appreciate some sought after help.

ReplyQuote
Aata
 Aata
(@aata)
27 January, 2012 1:12 am  

Kia ora masonie...
Do you know if your great grandfather had any siblings?... If so, do you know their names?..
Do you know the name of his Marae?
Do you know where he lived?
Do you know the approximate years he was living?
Do you know who he married?
Do you know his parents names?
Do you know where his parents lived?

Answer to any one of these questions may help?

ReplyQuote
paretutaki
(@paretutaki)
05 July, 2013 8:46 am  

Kia ora koutou. Waanihi Putere is also known as Waanihi Waana. He had two wives. One was from the Huntly area, and the second one was from Aramiro. I only know information about him and his second wife who was Marepo Heruika. They had 5 children, Paroto, Tuhinga, Waikaukau, Piniha & Te Ra. Im from Waikaukau. Now I remember meeting a man a few years back who told me that he was a descendant of Hinerau, who was Waanihi Waana's daughter from the first marriage. He also told me that there were 3 daughters from that first marriage, though I haven't been able to find them.

Waanihi Waana died in Aramiro aged 80 years old. My Grandmother remembers the tangi well because he was her Grandfather. He lay in state at Pueru Marae, which is no longer standing, and he was buried in Te Pirau Urupa, Waitetuna Valley Road, RD 1 Raglan. ie : on the corner of Vandy Road.

ReplyQuote
Share: