Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

for moderators of this site  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Could you please read our messages under the heading "Just a query"
We are not the only ones experiencing access problems to this site. I have also received private e-mails from people who Ive meet through here and they cannot gain access either. Are you aware this is occurring?
Is this due to the phenomenonal growth in new members or is there another problem? I see you mention a warning over bogus e-mails being sent to members, I have not had one thank goodness
This site is truly inspirational, it never ceases to amaze me with its growth and the true aroha given between those who search and those who answer. Well done!

Posted : 06 March, 2006 11:52 pm
frontman OWC
(@frontman-owc)

To markonijoy.
Yes I to had experience trying to gain access to this site! I nearly gave up. Oh the frustration

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 March, 2006 10:18 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

I've had the same problem...on three occasions, the first lockout for three days...and thought the site had crashed or been hacked into. I wonder what's happened to the other replies I saw that came back to your post?

Is this site manned?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2006 7:06 am
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Thanks to you both for your replies.
As to the question about -is this site manned? I dont know the answer to that but I know in the beginning their were people appointed who answered our queries. It seems to me by the amount of postings this month that this site is only partly operational.
The other postings on this subject you will find under the heading "Just a Query"
I decided to repost the question under a different heading to see if we could get an answer
as yet...no such luck from the powers to be...Joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2006 6:35 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Hope we get an answer!
I hate it when that happen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2006 9:39 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Glad to see you back, yeah I could'nt get in either

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2006 7:28 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

If youve read the other post Ive referred to titled "Just a query" you will know that you can gain easier access to this site by following the links provided when youve had a reply to your ownposting ( you need to tick the " notified by email " box option ) It worked really well for me untill I accidently emptied my read mail..including the ever important link Lol what a dumbo!
This site is still not functioning properly and it appears it is not as monitored as I had previously thought.
Also of note that compared to a few months ago there are not many new postings. Guess we will all have to adopt a wait and see approach. Would be a shame to see it come to a standstill as it really has been a fantastic forum for networking -Joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2006 3:44 am
teegirl OWC
(@teegirl-owc)

Yes, well i've just registered myself and weeks of trying to access this site via yahoo i wasn't able to!! But now im here and logged on. Time to look for some whanau yayeee! I'm a Konia myself looking for other konia's alike.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2006 1:31 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Thak-you joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2006 2:07 pm
taniabrookes OWC
(@taniabrookes-owc)

Yeah - what's been going on here? It's taken me nearly a week to even access this site. Oh well I'm on now and have posted my message. I'm concerned that there are plenty of peple wanting to get on & have probably given up in frustration. The moderators have always done an excellent job answering all queries and I'm certain that there will be a post soon with an explanation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2006 6:42 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

I think many will have to either trust their luck that they can gain access ( very frustrating) or do as we are and use the loophole weve discovered, it doesnt always gain access either.
So long as we keep replying to new posts and so long as you have ticked the (notifed by email option)we should be able to continue to let others try to obtain easier access -Joy

Edited by - markonijoy on Mar 16 2006 10:53:41 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2006 6:51 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Wow finally back!
Somethings definately going wrong here.

I waited since the last replied. Hope I able get back to new notification reply post.

Grrrrrrrr

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2006 4:01 pm
dannydelamere OWC
(@dannydelamere-owc)

markonijoy...its been another week of me trying to access this site again..the only reason why i keep trying is because i have put my whakapapa complete with photos on it and i had this horrid thought that i would lose the lot..i have tried all sorts to get in and have resigned myself to just waiting. I am glad that u have continued with this thread cheers Danny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2006 4:50 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

"Where theres a will theres always a way"
I have noticed that this loophole weve discovered does not always provide easier access.
Yesterday I got on site twice, once at 2am NZ time and the next at 6am. Both times it said there were around 30 to 40 people using the site at that very moment. I doubt the accuracy that when you look at the amount being posted -Good luck with todays try
Joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2006 5:49 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Great it work! Just to see I'm back in LOL!

Thanks joy, getting the ball rolling.
I nominate you for the moderator LOL!
kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2006 6:28 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: