Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

GREENING  

RSS
chrissyhere OWC
(@chrissyhere-owc)

Kia Ora
I am interested in researching the Greening Whakapapa - origins and lineage. My Tipuna is Keti Greening of Mahia, East Coast.
Any info would be much appreciated.
God Bless
Chrissy

Posted : 25 January, 2006 8:02 pm
apriel@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@aprielxtra-co-nz-owc)

Tena koe, I may be able to help you. I live at Mahia and my mother is a Greening. You can contact me at apriel@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2006 8:02 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora e korua,
My husband is also searching for his Greening Whakapapa. We have a skeletal line but have no info on their lives. We would love to hear from others.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 February, 2006 8:45 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

Tena koutou katoa
just wondering if you may have a Wapaihau (Wi) Greening on your line.
Apparently would have married both sisters Maata te kai a Mahaki Christy and Merekete Christie/Christy both daughters of Rawinia Te Apatu married William Hooper Christie/Christy.

also searching thanks for any replys

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 February, 2006 7:39 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Yes, the names we have are Wiremu Paihau Greening who married Maata (Martha) Te Kai Mahaki Christy, who had Wiremu Greening who married Nellie Waton. Thats my husbands line.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2006 8:11 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

kool as well as filling the gaps now i also have his correct name.
i am writing the whakapapa and came across the name. Maata is my gr gr grandmother. through Kaka (Maata's sister).

choice i can finish off a area. to start off did he also marry Maata sister Merekete. according to the papers it mentions his name twice wondering if this eventuated.
i have a few questions if poss, would you know anything of her brother in law Kingi Rotoatara.
if poss would you have any photo's available i can exchange if possible.

just read your profile also, refer shirlz over to me i know who Tihema Dawson is. he is my grandmothers brother.

thanks for the info when i can will hook up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2006 10:55 pm
arohaa OWC
(@arohaa-owc)

HI guys...check the book "The story of old Wairoa and the East coast district" By Lambert ...it has some pics of the Greening whanau...I was looking at it yesterday and saw one with Happy jack Greening.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2006 7:16 pm
Share: