Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAKOPA-TAITIMU, PAURO  

RSS
Ratakaia OWC
(@ratakaia-owc)

Kiaora Whanau: I am finding out any information about my Grandfather who is of Tainui desent (Kawhia), he moved with his brother to the Hokianga, his brother returned to the Waikato. As for my grandfather he married our grandmother Ruhia Matiu from Whangape Hokianga. They both had three sons and two daughters. Their names are Dick, Barney, Jacob, Mereana, and Riperata (Polly Ratahi)my mother who married TeRuia Ratahi from Te Hapua.

Posted : 25 June, 2007 10:46 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

Your grnd dad was called Tekereme who married Ruhia .Both lie in Pawarenga.there eldest son is my dad,Dick,his birth name is Eruera Tiki who married Dolly Catherine Abraham from Waihou they had 6 kids .Mum was comonly called Taari or Rahima.Barney,was Pirini ,he had no kids but was married twice but, had several adopted kids.Jacob ,Hakopa, married twice and has several kids.Mereana married George Poa they had several kids Riperata had no kids of there own but raised two boys,Thomas unknown whereabouts and Patrick who died 1 year ago.Hope this helps. Will supply MORE IF YOU NEED IT.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2008 7:56 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

Your grnd dad was called Tekereme who married Ruhia .Both lie in Pawarenga.there eldest son is my dad,Dick,his birth name is Eruera Tiki who married Dolly Catherine Abraham from Waihou they had 6 kids .Mum was comonly called Taari or Rahima.Barney,was Pirini ,he had no kids but was married twice but, had several adopted kids.Jacob ,Hakopa, married twice and has several kids.Mereana married George Poa they had several kids Riperata had no kids of there own but raised two boys,Thomas unknown whereabouts and Patrick who died 1 year ago.Hope this helps. Will supply MORE IF YOU NEED IT.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2008 8:03 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

I did not no Riperata had a daughter.She was known to us as PAARI that is Riperata was.I will continue digging.Tena koe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2008 7:30 pm
Share: