Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HARRIS, Christopher in Motukaraka  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
cheyenne OWC
(@cheyenne-owc)

Kia ora,

I am currently learning about my connections in Motukaraka,I have (Harris family Book)....and korero. I was bought up in Taheke, Northland, but i was not fully aware of my connections to this family.I am interested in hearing of anyone who knows about this family. I am a descendant from his (3rd wife?) Ngahuia.

Thank you

Posted : 21 March, 2007 12:56 pm
Qulia OWC
(@qulia-owc)

Tena Koe cheyenne
what is it that you would like to know? or are you just fishing around for some more Info?

I am a direct desendant of the Harris's my Grand mother is a Harris from Pukepoto

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2007 1:34 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia ora Cheyenne,

You probably come under Tamati Harris the 5th son of Ngahuia, i lent my Harris Book out so i cant confirm it, but yea, he lived over Taheke,
you probably already know that though, hope it helps.

We Can't live on love and pipi's alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2007 5:52 pm
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

I am also a descendant of Christopher and Ngahuia, I don't know much about the whanau either so wondering if you hear anythin can you share it with me. I live in oz so don't get many chances to get back home...
Kia Ora,
Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2007 7:57 pm
Greyboy OWC
(@greyboy-owc)

Kia Ora Cheyanne

My father is also from Motukaraka and my half sister lives in Kohukohu. There is a Priest that lives somewhere around there (he has quite alot of piercing's - hard to miss) and I think his surname is Rudolf. He gave us the korero of our maunga, awa etc and am pretty sure he would know about the Harris's.

Good luck on your search!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 March, 2007 10:49 am
chewton girl OWC
(@chewton-girl-owc)

Kia ora Cheyanne,
If you can get a hold of the Nrthland phonebook you will see their are many,many Harris whanau in and around the areas of Taheke, KohuKohu, Rawene, Motukaraka and TeHuahua also over Kaikohe aand Whangarei way. Harris whanau is massive and are connected also with my whanau "Davis" also from Motukaraka. Uncle Dave and Aunty Lizzy Harris used t live below the old TeHuahua school, Their boy Koro I think lives their now in a new whare next to the school. Paul White no Ngai Tupoto, Motukaraka has an intense interest with whakapapa from our home, he should be in the phonebook for Rawene. Paul was a great help to us and found where our connection lay with the Harris whanau, which I might add was through Maraea.
Go over their and korero with the local people,I'm sure you'll find what you are searching for.
Another place to search for Harris names would be the Matai urupa up on the hill above the marae,sadly their are a few their.
Good luck eh!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 March, 2007 3:35 pm
cheyenne OWC
(@cheyenne-owc)

Thank you very much for all your helpful input, I am from Tamati's line, My grandfather John & his brothers took the Webster name from a man who bought them up, but orginally their family name was Ngapera, i will be travelling to Motukaraka soon. I'm just fishing around for some more info really trying to put names to people.

Kia ora!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2007 11:31 am
chewton girl OWC
(@chewton-girl-owc)

Kia ora Cheyenne

Uncle Phil Ngapera is still with us and lives on the
bottom road in TeHuahua; if you go to korero with him don't forget to take him a beer,and he only drinks bottles; is 90 something and still milking his herd.
I also have some whakapapa that will be useful to you so if you are still interested leave a message in my private box and we'll go from their.

Kiaora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 March, 2007 2:44 pm
Marosi60 OWC
(@marosi60-owc)

Kia Ora,

My name is Max Ropata Simpson, born and raised in Whakatane. My Grandmother on my mother's side is Moana Nguru Te Moana (nee Jensen), her parents were Taingunguru Tipene and Martin Jensen, Nani Nguru's parents were Hohepa Tangitipua Tipene and Hera Harris. Hera was the daughter of Hoori and Mere. Hoori's parents were Christopher Harris and Te Auparo.

I am looking for stories informaton on Te Auparo and where she was born and buried.

I would also like to trace ancestry of Christopher Harris who I believe was born in Sydney Parramatta in 1800 and the names of his parents who I think were William Harris and Charlotte Ware?????

I welcome any information.

Max

Edited by - Marosi60 on Apr 18 2007 01:35:07 AM

Edited by - Marosi60 on Apr 18 2007 8:38:54 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 1:33 am
prettyappletree OWC
(@prettyappletree-owc)

Kia ora,I too are looking for HARRIS whanau from north our dad is a HARRIS but he has passed some years ago,but me and my 2 brothers are looking for whanau on his side as we no very very little,we don't even know the names of his ma & pa or brothers,sisters.His name is TIMOTHY MOANA HARRIS born 28 july 1936 okaihau.If you come across this name some where on your jurney can you let me know please as much help would be great. KIA ORA mel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 10:12 am
nznative liked
cheyenne OWC
(@cheyenne-owc)

Kia ora Marosi60,

I have a lot of information you might interested in. If you want you can private msg your e-mail to me and i can send it to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2007 9:52 am
N8V1 OWC
(@n8v1-owc)

Tena tatou katoa! Taua o Rahiri! Taua O Ngai Tupoto, Ngati Here!
Tu maia, tu kaha, tu tuturu rawa!
Kia kore ai taua e ngaro nei e!!!!!
Kia Ora Whanau!!
DAMN!!! Sum more relations LOL!!
I too am a descendant of Christopher Harris and Ngahuia. My gg grandfather is Nui Hare (son of Christopher & Ngahuia), and he married my gg grangmother Ehetere Boyce. I too, use to have the Harris whanau book but only had it for a lil while so i just recorded the whakapapa lines.
Now is anybody in here able to trace Rahiri's descent line further back than Whakatau (thru Tamamoko, one of the parents of Rahiri)as I've always wanted to go home and ask these sort of questions but have never had the opportunity too (I stay in Whanganui). I remember reading bits and pieces here and there concerning our history but can vaguely remember but I remember how fascinated I was with the book. I would be interested in any korero concerning our history even korero related in the whakapapa line which goes back to Rongo (Question? Is this Rongo synonymous to the Atua ie the son of Rangi and Papa). So yea hope we can keep up the korero.

N8V1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2007 8:41 pm
kelzrah OWC
(@kelzrah-owc)

Kia Ora koutou
I am also a decendent of Christopher and Ngahuia. My GG parents names were Neta Harris and Nui Paraone (Huirama), both were first cousins and grandchildren of Christopher and Ngahuia. My grandmother is Maude Brown who married Ripiri Raharuhi. Both my parents currently resided at Te Huahua in the old nun's home above the school. If you do not know, every labour weekend they hold the Christopher Harris Cup, all whanau from Motukaraka play a weekend of rugby and netball, that would be a good time to whakawhanaungatanga with all the whanau from afar. I know there is a website that my uncle monitors and keeps up-to-date with photos and korero about our whanau. However I am yet to recieve an invitation, I am pretty sure thats the only way you can access the site.
Anyway just thought I'd drop a line and it has been very interesting reading all the panui on the board. Thanks for the info. Hmmm I wonder if my uncle knows about this. I guess I'll have to see.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2007 9:40 pm
N8V1 OWC
(@n8v1-owc)

The Christopher Harris Cup? Too Much oryt Lol!!
Is there a date for this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 May, 2007 2:26 am
maori.gurl OWC
(@maori-gurl-owc)

Tena koutou katoa,

My tane and i are both decendance of Ngahuia & Christopher Harris. Nui Hare is a GG grandfather to my tane, his grandmother was also a Ngapera.
My grandmother comes off Tamati Hare who is my GGGG gandfather, only through the union of Mereanna Hare his granddaughter to Waru nene Puru do i come off this line because they had children a
& one of those children was my nana's dad. My tane & i go back on most whanau events & i hold one of the pukapuka to the Harris whakapapa. It is funny how even though one child is older then the other that we come up with such an age gap in the generations. Please feel free to reply always willing to help. kiaora ra

Edited by - maori.gurl on May 06 2007 02:14:34 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2007 2:04 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: