Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HARRIS, Christopher in Motukaraka  

RSS
arohapuddles OWC
(@arohapuddles-owc)

hello i am not a harris i go with one.and are looking at doing my kids whakapapa well this is
all i kown there father on his side is 6down from christopher harris ,and his dads name is malcom harris so hope4ly some one out there can help me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 May, 2007 4:25 am
kelzrah OWC
(@kelzrah-owc)

Just a reply to the whanau who are wondering when the Christopher Harris cup is. Well its every labour weekend (October). Its held in Kohukohu (koke). Yet whanau from afar either stay at Ngai tupoto marae or Tautehihi marae.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2007 11:50 pm
N8V1 OWC
(@n8v1-owc)

quote:

Just a reply to the whanau who are wondering when the Christopher Harris cup is. Well its every labour weekend (October). Its held in Kohukohu (koke). Yet whanau from afar either stay at Ngai tupoto marae or Tautehihi marae.

MEAN! MAORI! MEAN!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2007 10:40 am
N8V1 OWC
(@n8v1-owc)

KIA ORA Cheyenne me koutou hoki te whanau, taua o Rahiri me koutou o nga matawaka!!

Just wondering if anybody understood any of my patai? In reference to our whakapapa quote: "I would be interested in any korero concerning our history even korero related in the whakapapa line which goes back to Rongo.
(Question? Is this Rongo synonymous to the Atua ie the son of Rangi and Papa?)"

If possible the N8V1 just wanted to know if yall cool wif my questions? Meaning whether you understand my questions or not just holla (post dat is)!!

A TONA WA!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2007 11:24 am
N8V1 OWC
(@n8v1-owc)

Hello????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2007 6:34 pm
cheyenne OWC
(@cheyenne-owc)

Kia Ora N8V1!!

Very sorry not to get back to you sooner, we had a whanau tangi in Taheke and was busy on the marae, along with catching up with whanau.

I am not as deep in the korero as that, but i hope to learn as much as i can before going that far, i too have whanau who are interested in the topic, my nan was very much involved in the history,(she passed on end of last year) I will have to go back to the kainga and find out all the old korero again. I definately want to keep up the korero.
I remember when i was alot younger there was a place in Waikare my nan took me to, this place is named Rahirikawa(after Rahiri). There is some korero on how it got its name, among other things but i have to brush up on the korero before i can say anything.

I definately want to korero more about this, but its a bit out of my depth at the mo I actually have a good friend that i used to debate with on all this and he is very knowledgeable. i can probably find some more out from him.

Until then
Mauri ora!

Together can move mountains!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2007 3:33 am
N8V1 OWC
(@n8v1-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora N8V1!!

Very sorry not to get back to you sooner, we had a whanau tangi in Taheke and was busy on the marae, along with catching up with whanau.

I am not as deep in the korero as that, but i hope to learn as much as i can before going that far, i too have whanau who are interested in the topic, my nan was very much involved in the history,(she passed on end of last year) I will have to go back to the kainga and find out all the old korero again. I definately want to keep up the korero.
I remember when i was alot younger there was a place in Waikare my nan took me to, this place is named Rahirikawa(after Rahiri). There is some korero on how it got its name, among other things but i have to brush up on the korero before i can say anything.

I definately want to korero more about this, but its a bit out of my depth at the mo I actually have a good friend that i used to debate with on all this and he is very knowledgeable. i can probably find some more out from him.

Until then
Mauri ora!

Together can move mountains!

KIA ORA Cheyenne and whanau!!
Me been away too long, as I've been busy hard-out! But I've come across some relevant info but I dont have the time at the mo to post it yet. I'll prolly (hopefully) post it nek weekend!! Keep in touch, ne? MAURI ORA KI TE WHAI AO, KI TE AO MARAMA!!!

A tona wa,
N8V1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2007 11:33 pm
Liza Harris-Paniani OWC
(@liza-harris-paniani-owc)

Kia ora Cheyenne,
Ko Liza Harris-Paniani tenei. I moved back to Kaikohe last year from Otara, Southside, in September 2006 with my husband George and our four tamariki. I too am a descendant of Ngahuia, to Tamati (who I know as the 2nd son - Hone was the oldest son, but had no issues - meaning no tamariki). Then my link drops to Hone, Perenara, Hone and Pere (my dad who is resides in Kaikohe). My great grandfather Perenara Hare migrated over to Otaua and now lays in Tarawapiupiu Urupa in Otaua. My grandfather Hone Hare married Maata Hare (nee Ruka, from Taheke). My grandfather and grandmother lived in Otaua many years ago and later moved to reside in Taheke. Both my grandparents now lay in Pukewheke Urupa in Taheke on top of the maunga. The Harris whanau and the Ruka whanau have a strong link which makes our whanau even bigger and stronger.
If you are ever in Kaikohe stop in for a korero. I work at the Far North District Council.
PS My Dad is Pere Harris (who owns and runs Nancy Harris Laundromat in Kaikohe, on the corner of Wihongi and Broadway). Dad loves to korero about whakapapa, and if he can't help you he can certainly point you in the right direction!

Naku noa,

Liza Harris-Paniani

Kia ora,

I am currently learning about my connections in Motukaraka,I have (Harris family Book)....and korero. I was bought up in Taheke, Northland, but i was not fully aware of my connections to this family.I am interested in hearing of anyone who knows about this family. I am a descendant from his (3rd wife?) Ngahuia.

Thank you

[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 September, 2007 9:16 am
taniwha12@woosh.co.nz OWC
(@taniwha12woosh-co-nz-owc)

kia ora whanau.my whanau connection is through ngahuia also.then through eighth child ani, anis ninth child turoa. turoa had four children by his first wife te hira, and one child by second wife haara. that child is my grandmother mihi. now thats about all i know and im sad about that. i see all the links to the main whakapapa but it comes to a full stop there for meand my search as my dad was an only child and left the area wen he was five or so and raised with his father and his second wife. my dads name is eddie graham as was his father. any of the oldies know the name???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 12:43 am
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am also a descendant of Christopher Harris through the George Terewhare line...I live in Sydney, very close to Parramatta and have been actively been trying to look for any background of him around here to no avail. I have a fair bit of information bout my line, and I am in contact with others of this line, would be keen to talk to more whanau from this or any other line 🙂

Kia Ora,
Selina Gray

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 12:54 am
taniwha12@woosh.co.nz OWC
(@taniwha12woosh-co-nz-owc)

hi selina, had a squizz in the harris book for george terewhare but no record. any other name to go by??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 1:19 am
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Oops I was talkin bout Leaf side...My ggggrandmother is Ani Harris, daughter of Christopher Harris.
What happens when you are doing too many things at once oops

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 1:35 am
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

My line goes as follows...

Christopher Harris=Ngahuia
Ani Harris=Hoori Ngapera
Timoti Ngapera=Hera Leaf
Ani Ngapera=Opataia Te Ruki
Sadie Ruki=Colin Gray
Selina Gray

My grandmother left the hokianga when she was young and died before I was born but I do keep in touch with some of the whanau up where her roots are.

Kia Ora,
Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 1:39 am
Ninjapera79
(@ninjapera79)

Hi Cheyenne, 

I know it’s been a few years since you started this post and I’m not even sure you are still active on this site (which I just joined today) but I was wondering how you went with your search for information? I only ask because I saw your post a few years back and since then have found out that my great grand-father and your grandfathers father (John Thomas Ngapera-Webster’s father) were brothers. I know a lot about the Ngapera side having been part of them most of my life but I have been researching another branch of my whanau over the years and today I found myself standing infront of your grandfathers grave along with those of his 3 brothers. I am interested in finding out more about the Webster side. 

Let me know if you want to chat more.

Best regards,

A

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2019 10:00 pm
Share: