Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Hauiti  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Hauiti, Popata Te Urikore
TeKira, Lister Hohipera

Kia Ora,
I am searching for any information on my grand parents. My Papa was the late Popata Hauiti from Te Araroa and my grand mother was the late Lister Te Kira from Tuparoa, Ruatoria.

I would love to find any whanau as i do not know much about my whakapapa having grown up in Australia. My mother is Henerietta Hauiti.

Posted : 15 April, 2007 3:58 pm
bpw1
 bpw1
(@bpw1)

Kia ora Dani,
Do you have an uncle named Norm, and an aunty named Hinemaurea? If so, then I think my father knows all your whanau, they grew up together in Te Araroa. He also remembers your Papa and Nan, but I'll have to talk to him a bit more when I visit, which won't be that far away. I think he remembers your mother too but I'm not too sure. Will post again when I get more info.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2007 12:46 am
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Kia ora Bro!! Yeah, my Aunty is Hinemaurea and my mother is after her. She moved to Australia in 1976. I don't know Uncle Norm, but i'm sure he's whanau. Everyone in TeAraroa is related man!! Well, it's Awesome to meet you! Are you any relation to Seraphina Wharehinga? She's one of my cousins good mates. I think she's in Palmerston North? Not too sure. Anyway, i'm searching for whanau. I don't know too much about my Nannies or Papas whanau. My great grandfather is Waihirere Hauiti and my great grandmother is Iritana Brown. My Great Nan is from Te Whanau a Apanui. I would be really cool to get connected with more whanau.

Great talking to you.

Ka kite Dani

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2007 10:49 am
bpw1
 bpw1
(@bpw1)

Kia ora e hoa,
Seraphina is no doubt a cousin, but I don't know her. Give me a couple of days and I will get back to you with some info, on the whereabouts of your whaanau. I suppose they'll be wondering what the hecks become of you and your mother. I think most of them still live on the east coast. I'll also get back to about you're brown side too as I know the ones from te whanau a apanui. OK Laterz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2007 1:28 pm
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Kia ora!!
I have found someone who is connected on my Hauiti-Brown side! That's Awesome. Te Paetahi is going to send my our whakapapa. This site is Awesome man. Thank god for computers!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 10:23 am
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Kia ora again Bro!!
What is your dads name? My mum says we're whanau man!! As soon as i said Ben Wharehinga, she asked your dads name?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 1:31 pm
bpw1
 bpw1
(@bpw1)

Kia ora whanaunga,
Yep we are whaanau. I'm named after dad, and I grew up in Te Araroa as a kid, moved away when I was 12. Norm Hauiti is a son to Tom, who I believe is your Papa's brother. I went to school with Uncle Norm's son's, and when we moved to Gisborne they lived up the road from us. If you want to get in touch with them I will give you their number when I get them off dad tomorrow. I believe they live in Tolaga Bay now. I hope they'll be able to help you out. I think dad does remember your mum, but will ask him tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 5:34 pm
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Awesome Cuz!! Send me your email and i'll send you some pics of your whanau over here in Oz!
Have you been here before?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 April, 2007 6:21 pm
hauiti OWC
(@hauiti-owc)

Kia Ora
my name is salita hauiti born and raised in the northland hokianga
now living in auckland could anyone please help me my father henry hauiti went to school in te araroa and ive got a photo of my father and a young lady her name is iritana brown they both were head boy and girl but my father never spoke a word about his past the only thing i know is that my great grandfather name was Te Reretai Hauiti and my grandfather name was Henry Hauiti and i think he was married to a lady name Hinemaurea Brown then she passed away and my grandfather remarried a beautifull lady name Merekaraka Hereweni i understand my father had other brothers and sisters my father full name is Henry Kawakawa Hauiti i would love to no more about my whakapapa and all mey cuzzys>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 11:53 am
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Kia Ora Cuz!!
Yes we are whanau. My grandfather Popata Te Urikore and your grandfather Henry Hauiti are brothers!! That's Awesome man. I have been searching for whanau also. I was born and live in Aussie. Our great grandfather is Waihirere Taipua Hauiti and our great grandmother is Iritana Brown. My Papa and Nanny (Lister Te Kira) had 7 daughters. My mother is the second eldest. Your Papa was my mum and aunties favourite uncle. Nanny Mere Karaka Herewini sadly passed away a few years back. My Aunty Mere has met your mum. She married Uncle Alec Robson, from Kaitaia. It's so Awesome to meet you cuz. I would love to see any photos you have. We have a beautiful one of Papa Henry. I can scan it for you and email it. I have found some more of our whanau on this website. I am getting a copy of our Hauiti Brown Whakapapa. I can send it to you also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 3:29 pm
hauiti OWC
(@hauiti-owc)

Kia Ora cuz
So happy I have found whanau aroha mai iam so over the moon. Oh yes please ill love to see a photo of my grandfather and information of our whakapapa. Ill tell my father to send the photo of him and Iritana Brown when they were both at school and ill scan it and email it to you. Ill also tell my father about you and the whanau.
thank you very much for contacting me ill keep in touch.

Salita Hauiti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 4:55 pm
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Awesome Cuz! My mother is Henerietta Hauiti.
My Aunties are Hinemaurea,Iritana,Mere,Kararaina,Elaine & Lister. My Aunty Mere has asked if your mums name is Mary? Your Nanny Hinemaurea Brown went to Hukarere Girls school in Napier like my mother and Aunty. All the rest of them went to the school in Te Araroa "Rerekohu". Have you ever been to Te Araoa Cuz? It's the most beautiful, peaceful place on earth. I love going there for holidays. We try to go back every year.
Anyway, keep in touch, send me your email and i will send you through some photos.

Dani xxx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 5:25 pm
hauiti OWC
(@hauiti-owc)

Morena cuz! so sorry late reply I spoke to my mother over the weekend and yes her name is Mary. The photo that I wrote to you about its my grandfather Henry Hauiti and Iritana Brown. And my father is Henry Hauiti Jr. The only memory that i have of travelling to Te Araroa, i was about 5yrs old at nanny Merekareka whare. all the whanau were there for christmas. Do you no if we have blood lines to Te Whanau-a-Apanui? My email address is salita.hauiti@gmail.com.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2007 10:19 am
Waimata OWC
(@waimata-owc)

Morena Cuz,
Yes we do have blood lines to Te Whanau a Apanui. Our Papas are from there. I should receive our Hauiti Brown whakapapa from Paetahi today. I will email you a copy also. My Aunty Mere has met your mum. She knew who you were straight away. (your name sake also). Yes, Nanny Mere Karaka and Papa Henry lived down Karakatuwhero Rd, near my Papas. There house was originally our Great Grandad (Waihirere) and Great Grandmothers whare. Our Cousin Grace still lives in the whare to this day. My mum would like to know your dads address so she can drop him a line. They know your dad as "Sonny Boy". Your dad grew up with my mum and sisters. They lost contact years ago.
Anyway Cuz, have a good day and talk to you soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2007 12:44 pm
hauiti OWC
(@hauiti-owc)

Hi,
Oh thats awesome news. Ok my father doesnt have internet at home but his address is Rd2 Kohukohu Kowhitikaru Rd Panguru Northland Hokianga New Zealand and the phone number is (09)4095773. Tell mum that he still the same getting older and grampy.lol. well you have a good day as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 April, 2007 1:38 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: