Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAWKINS Sampson  

RSS
Dale Ennor OWC
(@dale-ennor-owc)

Hi am keen to find out something about my family in Mohaka. My Grandfather was Sampson Hawkins, the only child of Samson Hawkins and Betty Maaka. Granddad married Janey Robinson from the Gisborne area. I know so little and want to know more so that I may pass it onto my sons. We live in the Chatham Islands and my sons only know about where they were born and raised which is in the fathers home. I would love to share them some of my family history. Unfortunatley I never had the oppotunity to korero with my grandfather before he passed away and now as always it is too late. I understand that the family home is still standing in the Mohaka settlement, as yet I have not had the oppotunity to go and see for myself.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dale Ennor

Posted : 06 March, 2006 1:35 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia Ora Dale

My Whanau are the Nicholson's from Mohaka. I'm sorry i don't know your parents but i do have some interesting stories about that place that you can pass down to your tamariki. I live in Oz at the moment but i flew back about 2months ago for my nan's Tangi. I've been there a few times before that for tangihanga but never relised how beautiful it was until my nan had gone. I will be flying back there for her unveiling next easter so might keep an eye out at the urupa for your Tipuna.

If your interested in the stories give me an email
mohaka_girl@optusnet.com.au

Good luck with your searchings!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2006 9:09 pm
Share: