Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

He Taonga Tukuiho  

RSS
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

AIO stood before 12 of his children. Into each of them he planted the seed of life. Each child stepped foward to receive his appointed gift.

ATAATUHI(Aries; 21 March - 20 April)
Poutu te rangi ki Paenga whawha
Ataatuhi was given the first seed of PRIDE and CONFIDENCE. For every seed that is planted 1,000,000 more will multiply. You will penetrate minds of men with my idea, but its not your idea to nourish or question. Your life is action and only action. You will make men aware of my creation for your good work.

WHAKAATU (Taurus; 21 April - 21 May)
Paenga whawha ki Hake Haraua
Whakaatu was given the gift of STRENGTH. Your job is a great one. Requiring patience to build the seed of substance and to finish all that started or the seed will be wasted in the wind. You are not to question, change your mind or depend on others for what I ask of you to do.

RUAWAAHIA (Gemini; 22 May - 23 June)
Haki Haratua ki Piripi
I give questions without answers, so you may bring to all mankind understanding of what he sees around him. You will never know why man speaks or listens but in your quest for answers you will find the gift of KNOWLEDGE.

TE WEROWERO (Cancer; 23 June - 23 July)
Piripi ki Takurua
Your task is to teach men emotion, cause them laughter and tears so that all that they see and think will develop. Fullness from within, for this I give you the gift of FULLNESS so that your fullness may multiply.

TAKERO (Leo; 24 July - 23 August)
Takurua ki Here Turi Koka
You are given the job of displaying my creation in all its brillience to the world. But you must be careful of pride and always remember that it is my creation and not yours, for if you forget these, men will scorn you. There is much joy in this job that I give you but do it well. For this you have the gift of HONOUR.

PIPIRI (Aquarius; 20 January - 19 February)
Kaitatea ki Ruuhi te Rangi
I give the concept of the future, that man will see other possibilities. I give you the gift of FREEDOM. That in your liberty you may continue to serve mankind whenever he needs you.

RIAWAI (Pisces; 20 February - 20 March)
Ruuhi te rangi ki Poutu te Rangi
I give you the most difficult task of all. You are to collect all of man's sorrows and return them to me. Your tears shall be my tears. The sorrow you will absorb is the effects of man's understanding of my idea but you will give him compassion that he may try again. i give you the greatest gift of all. You will be the only one of my children to UNDERSTAND ME. This gift is for you alone, for when you try to spread the word man will not listen to you.

Io said "you each have a part of my plan. You must not mistake the part of the whole idea, nor may you desire to trade parts with eachother for each of you is perfect. But you will not know until all (12) of you are one. for then the whole of my plan will be revealed to you".

The children left, each determined to do their best, but none fully understood their task, when they returned puzzled:

Io said "you each believed that the other's gifts were better, therefore I will allow you to trade for the moment".

Each of the children were elated as they considered the posibilities of his new mission.

Io said as he smiled "you will return many times asking to be relieved of your mission and each time I will grant your wish. You will go through many incarnations before you will complete the original I have prescribed for you, I will give you countless aeons to do it, but, Only when it is done, can you truely be with me"

I got this korero given to me by a brother of the Paimarire before he died thought I would share....

Edited by - hinemako on Dec 18 2007 3:04:47 PM

Posted : 18 December, 2007 3:02 pm
DDD OWC
(@ddd-owc)

that reminds me of that Stevie Wonder song

'very superstitious, writing on the wall

very superstitous da da da da......

da da da, der der der da der....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2007 7:02 am
Purerehua OWC
(@purerehua-owc)

Awesum!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2007 8:35 am
Hine Te Po OWC
(@hine-te-po-owc)

Teenaa koe, hinemako

To reiterate, awesome.

Naa, Hine Te Po

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2007 11:59 am
mityjescha OWC
(@mityjescha-owc)

Kia Ora Hinemako

that was beautiful, i have hurd many stories, similar to that one. and it is still good to hear it again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 December, 2007 7:38 pm
Share: