Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

karakia  

Page 1 / 4
  RSS
cushla OWC
(@cushla-owc)

i have been looking and trying everywhere for a maori blessing/karakia for my home.
if any one knows of one or if there is a website it would be great.
(we have some stuff in our home thats not wanted and would like one for protection e.t.c)

Posted : 27 September, 2006 12:22 pm
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia ora Cushla,

I have many karakia, but not on the internet, I will find the right one for you and send, also, in the interim, try getting a glass bowl and filling with water from outside, either rain water, or tap water, then flick it around the home, as you are flicking the water, think of positive, happy thoughts asking to keep your home safe, asking to bless your home, insure you flick the water everywhere, in the corner of your rooms, on the curtains, on the carpet.. you won't end up with a wet house as you're only flicking water off your finger tips. kia ora, I do this every Sunday and I also cover the outside corners of my home too. I even ensure I flick a bit over my teenage sons, to shake off all that teenage stuff that I'd prefer was kept at the gate.
Kia ora

Edited by - K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe on Sep 27 2006 5:12:09 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2006 5:10 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Cushla

I have had experience in these matters before and a karakia alone may not always be effective. There are many things that can cause these events and many factors like, religious background, personal belief system and cultural awareness, that can contribute to the effectiveness of your karakia.

There are other factors to be considered also such as;
1) How long has it been happening or was there a time that it did not happen and if so, what has changed since then?
3) What is the history of the home you live in and the land it is on?
4) Has someone new entered your household?
5) Has there been any significant change in your household since it began?

There is usually a reason or cause for things of this nature and it is a good idea to try and find out what those causes are and if possible rectify the situation. If you are unable to find the source, then use this karakia. If you have some one to support you with this, someone you love and that loves you, then ask them to be apart of it.

This Karakia is old and very powerful and will achieve the desired effect. It is good for starting anything new. However, you must then show gratitude by offering something back. Im not saying you should become an angel or you are the cause..no! you are the cure!..but like all things there is a price to pay and if you can not find the cause then you will need to pay the cost which can sometimes mean helping others or seeking further knowledge. You will know what to do. Dont worry! HAVE NO FEAR! ..Kia Kaha E hine!

E Io nui Io roa
Taakina mai Te Pure o Rangi o Nuku
Hei whaka-takawaenga
te huinga iti te huinga rahi
Taakina kia purea a hinengaro kia tau ko te Whakaaro-nui
Taakina kia purea a whatumanawa kia uu ki te Rongo-mau
Taakina kia purea kia whai-kiko nga kaupapa whakahihiri tangata
Kia Tuturu!
Ka whakamauaa kia tina! Tina!
Haumie e! Hui! Taiki e!!!

(Translation)
Io Almighty Io Eternal
Instill the purifying element of Heaven and of Earth
as a medium for the gathering of the few and of the many
Instill clarity of mind so that goodwill is the intent
Instill intergrity of heart so that peace is maintained
Instill purpose that outcomes pertaing to the wellbeing of mankind to be purposeful!
Make it tangible and practical!
Join! Gather! Unite!

If you have access to a fresh water spring, get some water in a glass bottle and sprinkle it around your house, in every room and around your boundary line repeating the karakia until you have done it all. May the Most High Loving Spirit protect and guide you and yours!

Edited by - matahuru on Sep 27 2006 5:18:20 PM

Edited by - matahuru on Sep 28 2006 11:03:59 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 September, 2006 5:14 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

The Karakia must first be understood by you so that the thought process behind it in you is held and the vibrations of the karakia with the intensity of your thought and understanding will commit to the reason of your karakia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2006 11:31 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

I agree. Thank you taiga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2006 12:55 am
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2006 12:26 pm
Riki_Puki_Iraia OWC
(@riki_puki_iraia-owc)

kia ora cushla

i dought that you'll kno me but my name is riki i am on tha hunt for a long lost sister of mine with the same name as yours wether its you i dont kno?

she would be at least 20 plus,as much as i kno is that se taken from my mother by sifs or her koroua grandparents.

im praying so hard that i find herr if its you please e mail me back or ring me on 027-3519731
our mothers name is georgina iraia if dat name rings a bell please give me a call.

noho ora mai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2006 1:54 am
Te Kawatapuarangi OWC
(@te-kawatapuarangi-owc)

KIA ORA E KO...
WELL I MAYBE NOT IN TEH FORM OF PAKEHA CHRISTIANITY BUT I AM OF TEHR RELIGIOUS KNOWN AS PAI MARIRE IN WHICH WE HAVE THE OLD SOUNDING MAORI STYLE KARAKIA
OUR KARAKIA IS DONE THE OLD STYLE BECAUSE IT WAS KINGI TAWHIAOS IDEA BUT UM KARAKIA CAN BE IN ANU FORM OF A WAIATA, WHAIKORERO EVEN IN A MOTEATEA BUT YEA THERE ARE DIFFRENT KIND OF KARAKIA INCLUDING THE OLD RINGATUU STYLE KIA ORA MAI

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2006 3:01 pm
Chris Huriwai OWC
(@chris-huriwai-owc)

kia ora cushla, just wondering has your home been blessed yet?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2006 12:53 pm
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

Sometimes a simple quiet prayer said from the heart can be the most effective way 🙂 I say simple prayers and I always get a calming feeling. Always say them for protection.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2006 5:20 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Cushla,

The following karakia - you may find helpful, especially if you take heed of what Matahuru offers.

Me mau mai ki te Pirihi he wai, i roto i te ipu tika, ka mea ai te Pirihi.
[When water is to be sanctified, the priest shall say]

E te Atua Kaha rawa, ora tonu,
Almighty and everliving God
i whakatapua e koe te wai
in baptism you give water a holy use to wash away sin:
hei hakarameta mo te horoi i te hara.
Sanctify this water
tenei matou te inoi atu nei ki a koe.
as a sign of cleansing from all the powers of evil;
he nui nei hoki tou aroha, kia whakatapua tenei wai
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
i runga i te Ingoa o te Matua,
who triumphed over evil on the cross,
o te Tama, o te Wairua Tapu.
and now lives and reigns with you for ever.
AMINE
AMEN

Continued on next page: Karakia 'te whare ki te wai'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2006 11:49 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Ano Cushla,

Mehemeamko tikanga a te iwi me ruirui te whare ki te wai, me whakatapu te wai i te tuatahi i mua atu i te ruiruinga. Hei konei ka haere te Pirihi ki te wahi i roto, i waho ranei o te whare ka rui haere i te wai i te tuatahi i mua atu i te ruiruinga.

If water is to be used the priest shall visit various places, inside and outside the house, and sprinkle water, saying :]

Ka ruirui e tatou tenei wahi,
hei horoi atu i nga mea poke,
a te rewera a te tangata ranei,
i runga i te Ingoa o te Matua,
o te Tama, o te Wairua Tapu.
AMINE.

We sprinkle this place,
to wash away the effects of evil,
whether of people, or of spiritual powers,
in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
AMEN

Naku Noa na Retimana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2006 12:11 am
Tiaki_nohi OWC
(@tiaki_nohi-owc)

kia ora Cushla
i don't need any karakia's to get rid of any unwanted kehua's hangin around. I do what my old man always did. I swear at them and tell them to bugger off. 100% fool proof, 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2006 12:48 am
Chris Huriwai OWC
(@chris-huriwai-owc)

Kia ora retimana, in regards to your karakia, that is one which we use in my church, and unless cushla is a priest it is not right for her to sanctify the water.....Ma nga pirihi anake tera karakia.

And i think you will find your translation is wrong as well....

Edited by - Chris Huriwai on Nov 14 2006 09:43:49 AM

Edited by - Chris Huriwai on Nov 14 2006 09:46:05 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2006 9:43 am
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

lol watta crak up people

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2006 5:00 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: