Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KELLY in Northland - Where were they from?  

RSS
ang y OWC
(@ang-y-owc)

Kia Ora,
I'm trying to find out where in Norhland the Kelly's are from..
Or the Ferguson's..
I have heard either Kaikohe, Hokianga, or Dargaville.
Does anyone know?
Thanks!

Posted : 02 October, 2007 8:27 am
PPYLAD OWC
(@ppylad-owc)

Which Kelly's are you talking about? What part of Taitokerau? There are some from Matawaia, They come from Herbert and Te Waimārama (nee Beckham). There is a totally different Kelly family around Hokianga, Kaitaia. Do you have names?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2008 5:41 am
ang y OWC
(@ang-y-owc)

Kia Ora PPYLAD,
It turns out that the Kelly I was looking for was from Autralia, and he married my Nana's Great Grandmother Erina/Erana/Ellen Ferguson. We don't know anymore about Thomas Kelly other than he married Erina in Kaikohe.

I'm also really interested in Erina Kelly (nee Ferguson)- she was born in 1823 in Waihou Valley, Kaikohe, or Russell and died in 1931. She is buried in an unmarked grave in Dargaville She travelled down to Tangaihi and lived there for 65 years. No one seems to know anything about it her other than she was married 3 times (don't know to who) and she had 15 children (don't know their names either other than 4 of them).

Any sugestions would be soooo greatly appreciated!

Angela

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2008 6:46 am
Share: