Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Kia Ora  

RSS
seeker OWC
(@seeker-owc)

Whanau, I have recently been trying to purchase a book by the name of Nga Ohaaki O Nga Whanau O Tauranga Moana, author J.A.W Steedman. The task has been hard as it has been out of print for some time. If anyone has any information as how I will be able to purchase this book it would be much appreciated.Thank you for your time.

Edited by - seeker on Apr 07 2007 10:32:44 PM

Edited by - seeker on Apr 07 2007 10:34:55 PM

Posted : 29 March, 2007 11:51 am
seeker OWC
(@seeker-owc)

Sorry for the angry red face that was suppose to be a beautiful smiley face.lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2007 11:55 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

I been trying to look for this book two years and still no hope.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2007 12:29 pm
Chris Huriwai OWC
(@chris-huriwai-owc)

KIa ora,

I have only seen this book once at the central Christchurch City library, it is keeps under lock and key in their secure research centre, i have read it and the whakapapa therin and i also would love a copy, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2007 2:26 pm
seeker OWC
(@seeker-owc)

I know the feeling pono, I thought I had it secured recently when I found it at the abebooks website, only to be told 2days later by the book seller that it was sold a while back and should of been taken off the listings. I had a brief read of it before it was recalled back to the library at Massey Uni where I am studing. Would dearly love to have my own copy.Oh Well, good things come to those who wait. Thanks guys for the replys and let you know how I go, might be able to track down some copies for us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2007 4:07 pm
seeker OWC
(@seeker-owc)

I found a website which actually sells the Authors books and I contacted one of the sellers who turned out to be his daughter. Their seems to be a updated book of his first one that I previously mentioned.Anybody else had a nosey at it? Waiting on a reply from the daughter to see if she is able to find a copy for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2007 7:53 pm
najara OWC
(@najara-owc)

Kia Ora!

Seeker, did you get an answer yet?

Edited by - najara on Apr 03 2007 06:32:23 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2007 6:31 am
seeker OWC
(@seeker-owc)

Kia Ora

Najara, not yet but have sent a email to another contact in Aussie so fingers crossed!:-)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2007 10:28 pm
seeker OWC
(@seeker-owc)

Hey, can anybody tell me how to get rid of that angry red face its really starting to get on my nerves.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2007 10:36 pm
Share: