Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KING  

RSS
mozzy84 OWC
(@mozzy84-owc)

On behalf of one of my adopted aunty's I am helping her look for her birth mother. Aunty Darlene was born on 2/11/62. Her mothers name is Mary King. As some may know theres a fair few mary's and 100 times more kings in various ways of spelling it. My aunty said to look to the maori land courts. Does anyone know if they did adoptions? Or is she trying to ask me to find her via land claims? The form my aunty got said that Mary was 34 at time of adoption making her date of birth around 1928. Any help or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted : 09 January, 2007 11:49 am
mkahui OWC
(@mkahui-owc)

Kia Ora,
The maori land courts did not do adoptions or hold these papers. I do no in some cases where land has been suceeded than if there was a will made out from the decreased than they will have a copy of that.The best way to try and find her mum would be to apply for a copy of the adoption papers and go from there. Try internal affairs.
I hope that help and I wish you luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 9:43 am
Share: