Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ko Ngapuhi te Iwi ko Ngati Hao te hapu. Ko Patuone toku tupuna  

RSS
Gray OWC
(@gray-owc)

Hi all
Looking to try and find some answers.Hope I got the title thing right I am only just starting this very interesting journey into Whakapapa. I am part maori through my grandmothers side. I am a distant descendent of Ngapuhi Chief Patuone and Ngati Hao hapu. His Daughter Hapi waka married a Horace Hanley. There Daughter Mary Hanley Married a Henry Stephenson (who was also a Half caste Maori) There Daughter Ida Earle was my Great Grandmother.
There are a numbeer of things that I would like to find out more about.
1. I am looking to find out what Marae Ngati Hao affiliate with?
2. What is the Maunga (mountain) Ngati Hao affiliate with?.
3. What is the Awa (river) Ngati Hao afffiliate with?.
Also like to find out more about where the Maori in the Stephenson side comes in. I think a Stephenson married a maori women by the name of Moe Waka. And of course all there affiliations as well.
This is a long but interesting journey I am taking learning new things all the time.
I hope someone can help me with this.
Thanks Gray

Posted : 22 May, 2006 12:38 pm
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

Henry's Mother was Ada Charlotte McAuliffe (Hira Moewaka) of Kapotai hapu from Waikare/Russell. Her parents where apparently Marikina and Ehaku. The Russell museum has a book about the Stephenson family. If you do a search in maori.org for Stephenson there a couple of others researching the Stephenson family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 9:18 pm
Gray OWC
(@gray-owc)

Cheers Taimona
Do you know what. The Marae and Mountain, River and waka the affilliate with. Henry use to own Pompallier house in Kororareka (russell)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 9:40 pm
tyllee bird OWC
(@tyllee-bird-owc)

KIA ORA GRAY
THIS IS AWESOME HAVE SOME WHAKAPAPA THAT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN AS WELL AS I AM ALSO A DECENDANT OF PATUONE THROUGH TIRAHA PAPAHARAKEKE AND HIRA MOEWAKA AND HENARE KEEPA/KEPA BEST TO CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT AS IT IS QUITE EXTENSIVE BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO IT.MY # IS 09-4336851 BUSSINESS HOURS JUS ASK FOR MANU

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 1:06 pm
tyllee bird OWC
(@tyllee-bird-owc)

SORRY THOUGHT I MIGHT ALSO MENTION THAT TIRAHA PAPAHARAKEKE(have photos) WAS THE WIFE OF WILLIAM COOK AND HAVE ALL THAT WHAKAPAPA ALSO AS MY GRANDMOTHER WAS AMELIA COOK, TIRAHA'S GRANDAUGHTER. CONFUSED? THIS IS THE LINE THAT THE BROWNS/ JACK LEE ( SCHMIDT LINE) COME OFF AS TIRAHA AND WILLIAM HAD 12 CHILDREN AND THE RENUION IS POSTED ON THIS SITE. KEEP IN TOUCH

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 2:44 pm
Gray OWC
(@gray-owc)

Cheers John
Sorry bout the late reply would be very interested in amy information that you could give me.
Gray

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2006 11:33 pm
DrBenjaminPittman OWC
(@drbenjaminpittman-owc)

I have never heard of Hapiwaka as daughter of Patuone. Check my site:

http://www.patuone.com

Patuone had 12 children from four wives, his wives being: Te Wheke; Te Hoia; Takarangi and Rutu. Patuone's sons, Hohaia Patuone and Hare Hongi Patuone(as well as a whangai, Timoti) were the only children to outlive him. Patuone's eldest son Toa and another son Mata together with a sister died in 1828, the same year as Te Wheke. This is not to say that Hapiwaka is not a daughter but there is no evidence I have yet seen. Certainly, none of the tatai I have show her.

Do you have any clear tatai (whakapapa) evidence?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2008 1:57 pm
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

quote:

SORRY THOUGHT I MIGHT ALSO MENTION THAT TIRAHA PAPAHARAKEKE(have photos) WAS THE WIFE OF WILLIAM COOK AND HAVE ALL THAT WHAKAPAPA ALSO AS MY GRANDMOTHER WAS AMELIA COOK, TIRAHA'S GRANDAUGHTER. CONFUSED? THIS IS THE LINE THAT THE BROWNS/ JACK LEE ( SCHMIDT LINE) COME OFF AS TIRAHA AND WILLIAM HAD 12 CHILDREN AND THE RENUION IS POSTED ON THIS SITE. KEEP IN TOUCH

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2008 5:24 pm
Share: