Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Maori land question  

RSS
mkahui OWC
(@mkahui-owc)

Kia Ora o te whanau,
Does any one know how you would go about seeing if your tupuna land has been suceeded? As I was told that if it has been done already than when a search is done in there name than nothing will come up because some other whanau had already done this. To me I think that is very infair cause the other whanau miss out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Posted : 14 December, 2006 7:43 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora
iraboyd may able to help you. Post up your tupuna and whanau name

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2006 8:59 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

You can check by the block number mkahui. Regardless of who succeded the land shares the block number will remain the same. Check your old land papers, the block number should be on there.

If the shares were succeded then there should be a sucession order included in the land blocks documents held at the maori land court branch closest to the land in question.

Cheers and good luck.

Edited by - matahuru on Dec 15 2006 09:36:08 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2006 9:25 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora matahuru

I think reply was meant for mkahui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 December, 2006 9:39 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Arohamai mkahui hehe

Thought I was still on another thread...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 December, 2006 9:34 am
mkahui OWC
(@mkahui-owc)

Kia Pono
My tupuna was Maki Kahui Nee Heemi and Nuku Kahui.
Kia Ora mo to Awhi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 December, 2006 11:03 pm
mkahui OWC
(@mkahui-owc)

Kia Ora Matahuru,
I think I will be out of luck ever finding out what my tupuna had as I do not even know the block numbers. Also I think I sent you a email before about calculating shares etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 December, 2006 11:06 pm
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

That is unfortunate. You could also try going to the land court yourself and doing a search. Most staff at the MLC are very helpful and if they are not, demand it! hahaha they are public servants so make them earn their salary!

The MLC has computerised databases that can be used to search landblocks, tupuna, siblings, whanaunga etc. If your tupuna was ever on their records, it will be there somewhere. Dont give up e hoa, kia kaha! Oh and I have done those calculations for you so check your private messages.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2006 2:24 pm
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora,
Could someone tell me if all the Maori Land offices that hold archives, have the same records or do you have to travel to the nearest Maori land Court in regards to the paticular land blocks that are being researched.
For example: If one is living in Whangarei and would like to go to a Maori Land Court to research Waiariki land block successions, could they go to the Whangarei MLC or would they have to travel to Rotorua?
Kia Ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2007 4:29 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora donna2547,

All Maori Land Court records share a Central DATABASE.

Let Your fingers do the walking and search MAORI LAND ON LINE!

http:www.maorilandonline.govt.nz

Kia Ora ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2007 10:29 am
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora donna2547

Retimana has given you the address to find interests that your parents may have anywhere in the country, however if you wish to know how they received those shares and the history of that land, then you must visit the land court.

To my knowledge they have not as yet released information contained within the minute books of individual offices being held around the country. This information is very sensative and can get quite personal. The minute books can contain whakapapa, stories of battles when laying claim to land, disagreements, accusations etc. Not the kind of stories you would like the whole world to read. So take the time and do the research. You will not regret it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 9:54 am
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

You can now view minute book records on computer at most MLC office and they will printout info you may find, you also need a clear mind and a whole full stress free day/days, no tamariki (I took my 12yr old, she started being a hoha) and its best to go by yourself to research, be aware also as your mind can easily wonder off somewhere else, than whom you went in to research for. Don't forget take as much information you have, it makes your researching more enjoyable.

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2007 10:40 pm
Share: