Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MATARIKI ISLANDS  

RSS
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

After receiving information of our deceased fathers land shares I was surprised to see he had shares in the Matariki Islands and was curious to know where its.
The only information given was it was in the Waikato - Maniapoto region our Papa was from Okapu Aotea with strong ties to Nga Tamatera me Ngati Maru

Any info would be greatfully appreciated
Kia Ora
Kaye-Kaye

Posted : 05 February, 2006 1:06 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Never been there but I heard somewhere up north, kerikeri bay of islands, paihia?

Check frontpage for maori land on line(MLOL) link.

Edited by - pono on Feb 05 2006 8:38:24 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2006 8:34 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Mo tena
Would appreciated any history on this area as I know very little of our far north ties could anyone tell me abit about this area and who are the tangata whenua! Maybe a good book to read?
A good friend enquired about Ngati Rahiri in Kawhia but was none the wiser of where or how?
So i said I wouldnt be surprised so i wont say there isnt!
And funny enough there is one through Ngati Tamatera but Im still unsure if this is correct
So yes I would treat any information any one has to share with the utter most respect and appreciation.

Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2006 11:28 am
Share: