Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOKA, Neiken  

RSS
bwairepo OWC
(@bwairepo-owc)

This is my father from and born in Rawene

Can anyone link me to the Marae, te Maunga, te awa, subtribe, iwi

Please leave msg or contact me

Benjamin Moka 0212074591. Thankyou

Posted : 20 May, 2007 1:14 pm
justifyd OWC
(@justifyd-owc)

Good Evening Benjamin,

Sorry i am not sending this message to tell you your whakapapa but i was wondering who your mother is. My grandmother also has a father named neiken moka. Her name is harriet moka and my great grandmothers name was irihapeti.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 May, 2007 10:51 pm
bwairepo OWC
(@bwairepo-owc)

kia ora, Neiken Moka is my father, still alive today, im the youngest 37yrs.

My father Neiken Moka,his father is John Leslie Moka of Rawene. My mother is Olive Nelson, she a Martin now and use to be kerapa. She from Kawhia

Just tryn to find out name of my fathers marae, waka, maunga to learn the reo, if you have any leads please let me know, Thankyou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2007 1:12 pm
bwairepo OWC
(@bwairepo-owc)

Sorry i got it wrong

Grandfather is

Jack Moka, Grandmother Ihapera,

Neiken Moka is my father, My grand father Jack Moka had a brother Neiken also, including Jack, Waata, Puhi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 December, 2007 3:42 pm
awhinatia
(@awhinatia)

Kia Ora Whanau,
My connection to the Moka whanau is through the Pickering/Eruera Hopewai line. I am still researching the whakapapa and as soon as I get it all together I will keep you all posted. My grandfather was Tau Pickering, my grandmother ws Harata Eruera-Hopewai. Keep researching and together we will find one another. The only one of the Moka whanau I really knew was Uncle Jimmy and aunty Isobel. There kids and us all grew up together in Rawene. My grandparents use to work at the Rawene hospital, and they lived around the bottom road next to uncle Hughie Williams. Look forward to catching up with you all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 December, 2007 5:23 am
Share: