Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

MOKA-POU WHANAU-HELP WITH WHAKAPAPA  

RSS
Mokapoukatziaki OWC
(@mokapoukatziaki-owc)

Tena korua, My dad is Rahu (Jim Moka) from Omanaia and mother Ihapera from Taheke.

Posted : 30 January, 2006 8:35 am
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora

Are you any relation to George Moka and his brother Bill? They currently reside in Auckland
but used to live in Kihikihi and Te Awamutu district.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2006 8:07 am
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora Kaye Kaye,

My name is lee I am a daughter of bill and george moka is one of my uncles, but I want to know which one you talking about witchie or kula. Uncle witchie use to live in kihikihi Te Awamutu with dad(bill) and vae.

hey if you know anything about the moka whakapapa would appreciate the info.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 July, 2006 10:08 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Lee,
Yep Witchy is the one, and Bill and Vae from Kihikihi, I used to live in Te Kawa where i met Witchy (when he used to be with my old baby sitter Peggy Heke) Bill and Vae from the Kohanga there (now gone). I am a couple of years older than Nigel who I used to go school with at Te Awamutu College. As for whakapapa Kare arohamai! I only know the whanau that you speak of not there whakapapa but could you possibly tell me where Omanaia is some one reading this may have whanau there and could help you out!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 August, 2006 10:00 pm
natashamohr11 OWC
(@natashamohr11-owc)

kia ora Hare Ata, Arthur Edmonds first son from his first marriage married Marara Pou and Ahenata Ruhia Pou. I am a relation to Arthur from 6 generations and researching my Whakapapa. if this is your whanau can you please shed a little more light

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 August, 2006 6:06 pm
texasmoka@yahoo.com OWC
(@texasmokayahoo-com-owc)

Kia ora... Just couldn't help but notice Rahu Moka!!! Im a Moka from Omanaia nd Rawene ways.

Keep in touch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2006 2:06 pm
kauribe OWC
(@kauribe-owc)

I realise that this thread is old...but I just have to put a comment in here as Witchie is my brother!I've started working on Moka Whakapapa (as a hobby) and would be interesting in swapping info...I'm a sixth generation Moka and I have partial whakapapa that goes back that far.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2007 12:15 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Hi kauribe,

My name is Lee Moka, I am Uncle Witchie's niece, we know that uncle was whangai but my understanding that he was my grandfathers moko from my poppas first family. Is Waata Moka your grandfather too. It will be good if I can share whakapapa with you I can go back to 3 generations (moka side thats including poppa), but our pickering side I can go back to rahiri if you are interested.

As for Uncle Witchie he was bought up with my dad and uncles and even though hes really my cousin hes been our uncle. He got married down te awamutu but is no longer with his wife. He has a new baby with his new misses (if you call 3 years new). I would tell my uncle about you and hopefully he might get in contact, it might do him some good.

I hope we can keep in contact

Lee (I am bills oldest daughter)(William from second family)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2007 4:16 pm
awhinatia
(@awhinatia)

Kia Ora Cuz, Your dad is my mum's first cousin on the Pickering side from Rawene. Would be good to catch up sometime soon, as I too am looking for the Pickering whakapapa. I know that Uncle Royal Pickering is still alive and I am hoping to catch up with him very soon in the near future. Send us buzz at arohanui_manaakitiamai@yahoo.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 October, 2007 10:44 pm
NeilsonRameka OWC
(@neilsonrameka-owc)

Hello Te Kuta,

I am interested in the Pickering whakapapa if you have it. I am a descendant of Hare Pikari and Ngaroma Pou. They were my great grandparents.

If you can assist I would appreciate it. I can be contacted at normanbeazley@clear.net.nz (Tele 04-9024822)

Many thanks

Norman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2008 9:35 pm
Share: