Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGATI RAUKAWA  

RSS
kiwiqueen OWC
(@kiwiqueen-owc)

Can anyone please give me information on Ngati Raukawa from Otaki.
I have limited info on Whakapapa but need help.

Posted : 21 May, 2006 11:17 am
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Hi there, what type of information are you looking for?
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 11:29 am
kiwiqueen OWC
(@kiwiqueen-owc)

I have info on my grandmother's land in Otaki but really wanted general info on what Otaki is like, and anything really. I can trace back to Te Raparaha but need more details and would like a copy of the Otaki region from the Historical Society, if anyone knows how I can get one.
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2006 7:59 pm
Hotutaua OWC
(@hotutaua-owc)

www.maorilandonline.co.nz type in tupuna name

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 2:16 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Enter Otaki on www.teara.govt.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 5:57 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Kia ora ... go to your library and request interloan/international loan from Porirua Library, NZ or surrounding libraries as they hold the Otaki Historical Society Books and last time I looked they were up to vol 28 .... plenty photo's included

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 8:55 pm
kiwiqueen OWC
(@kiwiqueen-owc)

Many thanks. I will try these.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2006 10:37 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Kia ora Kiwi,
The book Memories of Rangiatea - The once and future church by Nina Knox maybe of help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2006 8:29 pm
Share: