Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Panui Marae Details removal  

RSS
robertsstar OWC
(@robertsstar-owc)

kia ora everyone
and is there anyone on here that can help with removing marae details from this site please be great to hear from you.

Posted : 28 August, 2006 2:31 pm
robertsstar OWC
(@robertsstar-owc)

Tuesday 29 August 2006

To the owners of this website can I please have some details removed from this website once and for all please, whanau and friends have ask if I had posted them and yes I did, they have advised for me to get back in here and have them all removed please. The details are Marae details:

1- Roanna.h.horn (Parawera)waikato

2- Pitiroi and Rameka street contact details Snowden

3- Taupo-nui-tia Spa rod

4- Gail Hamil@hotmail.com Gail Hamilton Paparamu Tirau

5- Hiruharama (Jerusuleum)

Please can you remove these details today as soon as possible from this website once and for all please.

Yours sincerly

D Roberts

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 1:00 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Posting on list means you can sometimes wait for a response. I suggest you send an emial direct to
Genealogy@maori.org.nz

Sad to see some Maraes prefer not to have there details listed.
Contact details change from time to time and we all understand that needs updating. But its difficult to understand why there would be an objection to being listed in a directory which may help your lost whanau to find you again.
Hiruharama is one I have lots of old connections to and without this site I would
1) never have known that
2) Had no idea where it was or who to contact

No reply required to this and good luck with achieving your objective

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 8:00 pm
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

If a marae is listed I have a chance to follow up my links... Some maraes I note have several contacts. The marae doesn't move however the people may change. Therefore I understand some may prefer not to have their name as the contact but the name of the Marae and the address should stay.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2006 4:46 am
Share: