Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAOA-TAKO, TeAuitu  

RSS
grandpop OWC
(@grandpop-owc)

Kiaora Tena Kotou Katoa,

I would like to know why my Tupuna left Hokianga aprox 100 years ago?
Where exactly their Hapu was in Hokianga?
What they did with their Whenua?
& what their connection to Wainui Bay was - other than my Grand Mother, considering their was whawhi whenua between Hokianga & Whangaroa & every where inbetween.

I believe their land was never sold, maybe apart from 1 block Waiwhatawhata 1A2B3 which was sold to HONETANA, Eruera around the 3rd of August 1957...

What I know is that my Grand Father PAOA TAKO, Te Auitu moved to Wainui Bay, Whangaroa & married his wife MAAKA, Atareta Ingoa Haimoana.
Te Auitu's brothers & sister all followed to Wainui Bay also.
Their names were:

PAOA TAKO, Mano
PAOA TAKO, Piri
PAOA TAKO, Ngawati
PAOA TAKO, Aperehama
PAOA TAKO, Tako Paoa
PAOA TAKO, Marua

PAOA TAKO, Wini (Sister)

Their father was Paoa Tako, Ihimaera.

I believe my whanau were known as fishermen & could've been welcomed to Wainui Bay for their skill? Equally Wainui Bay could have been attractive to my Tupuna for its calmer waters & adundance of Kai Moana?

I would like to know who Ihimaera's Tupuna were?

I hope I am asking the right questions & am in the right forum to be asking these questions...
Congratulations on a fantastic website.

Whaka whetia motoa mahi pai

Posted : 08 February, 2008 8:33 am
Share: