Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PATUONE  

RSS
DrBenjaminPittman OWC
(@drbenjaminpittman-owc)

For all PATUONE descendants and others interested, I have developed an official PATUONE website. Site address: http://www.patuone.com

The site is still being developed and fine-tuned but already contains key history and tatai (whakapapa). These are derived from the official family records and tatai books from 1880-1935 of which I am the official guardian and from all the teachings I was given about Patuone, Ngati Hao and Ngapuhi whanui. My grandmother, Hoana Hohaia married my grandfather, Okeroa Pitman and I am Patuone's closest living descendant: my brother, Peter, sister Virginia and first cousins Tahora and Miriama are the last great-great grand children living. Patuone is our great-great grandfather. Hoana was his grand-daughter through her father, Patuone's son, Hohaia (1825-1901). Hoana's siblings were Eru Patuone Hohaia (married Mere Pumipi); Te Tawaka Hohaia (married Eru Nehua); Kaioha (married Toki); Ani Kaaro Hohaia (married Ngakete Hapeta); Raupia Hohaia (married Hohepa Heperi) and Raunateri.

I am happy to answer questions. There is so much wrong information out there about Patuone and Ngati Hao and Nene. Their sister Tari married the Pewhairangi chief, Te Wharerahi.

My next project will be a detailed history of Patuharakeke (from Takahiwai), this being the hapu of my grandfather, Okeroa, whose grandfather was the rangatira Tauwhitu. Okeroa's daughter, Ani Tauwhitu (also known as Ani Whareaitu) was Okeroa's mother. The connections from here include Ngai Tahuhu, Ngati Rangi, Ngati Tu, Te Parawhau, Ngati Wai, Te Wahineiti, Ngati Whatua, Te Roroa, Ngati Kahu, Ngati Miru, Ngati Pou, Ngati Awa..... e mara! The list is endless.

My major book on Patuone (Patuone, Peacemaker: A Life in Context) will be published in September 2008. The 19th September is the 136th anniversary of Patuone's death.

Nga mihi mo to tau hou ki a koutou katoa!

Benjamin
=======================
Dr Benjamin Pittman
Site Administrator, Patuone.com

Posted : 16 January, 2008 1:24 pm
DrBenjaminPittman OWC
(@drbenjaminpittman-owc)

Kia ora Te Hono:

You can email me directly: benjamin@patuone.com
I do in fact know who you are and of your descent from Raunatiri. Since posting this message, other great-great children have been identified. Part of the value of this kind of mechanism is that gaps and errors can be identified and corrected. We are all as good as what we are taught! Therefore, misleading is not the best word you could have used. Similarly, your tupuna Raunatiri and my grandmother Hoana were brother and sister. And now it is your turn to learn something: Hohaia had two sons: Eru Patuone Hohaia who married Mere Pumipi and was (according to what I was taught) the tuakana. Then came Te Tawaka (married Eru Nehua), Hoana (married by grandfather Okeroa Pitman), Raupia ( who married Hohepa Heperi), Ani Kaaro (who married Ngakete Hapeta), Kaioha (Kaiaho to some, who married a Toki) and Raunatiri, the youngest brother who married Taati Pairama.

Dr Benjamin Pittman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2008 3:29 pm
Share: