Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PATUONE DESCENDENTS  

RSS
Gray OWC
(@gray-owc)

Looking any descendents of Eruera Maihi Patuone
The Marae that Ngati Hao hapu affiliates with
The Waka
The Awa
The Maunga
Thanks
Gray.

Posted : 22 May, 2006 10:38 pm
anim OWC
(@anim-owc)

Hi Gray

You will also find information from the Rununga
Call them as they will send out forms where you can fill in you Whakapapa and get info on the things you ar looking for
Here is the link www.ngapuhi.iwi.nz

cheers

Anne
09 8157081

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 8:43 am
MANI OWC
(@mani-owc)

hi gray
im trying to get the correct spelling for a canoe my whanau not sure of correct spelling
i have been given nga tauwhanui the only other information i can give you is that the other canoe for my tribe is nga puki, what i am trying to find is the family history for the edwards from as from as far as kaitaia to waikato

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2006 5:47 pm
MANI OWC
(@mani-owc)

hi gray
im trying to get the correct spelling for a canoe my whanau not sure of correct spelling
i have been given nga tauwhanui the only other information i can give you is that the other canoe for my tribe is nga puki, what i am trying to find is the family history for the edwards from as from as far as kaitaia to waikato

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2006 5:47 pm
Gray OWC
(@gray-owc)

Sorry Mani 4 late reply. Not sure on nga puki tribes waka am only really started learning about my wakapapa and slowly but surely getting answers to my question. Nga puhi as far as i can make out identify with Ngatokimatawhaorua and Mamari wakas.
Cheers
Gray

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2006 11:39 pm
maoriboy7@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@maoriboy7xtra-co-nz-owc)

Kia ora Gray, am a descendant of Patuone. email me if you would like to share or compare whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 July, 2006 4:34 pm
Moana Wetere OWC
(@moana-wetere-owc)

Tena koutou katoa

Can anyone tell me if the Maihi whanau come off Patuone from Nga Puhi. I was told they do but some whanau members are unsure as the Maihi or Marsh,s i know were all brought up in Waikato and are still trying to find out our Nga Puhi roots.

Kia ora

Mo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 July, 2006 2:01 pm
tewharaupo OWC
(@tewharaupo-owc)

kia ora Moana , i know of a Marsh Mahanga from Ngunguru , in the early 1920's he dropped the Mahanga name and was known as Toui Marsh , He worked with my father in Whangaruru around the 1920 1930 era , incidently the Wetere whanau is also in Whagaruru as is Patuone Hoskings ,
Tewharaupo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2007 5:55 pm
maxt OWC
(@maxt-owc)

Ae Kia ora Moana, Stewart and Gray.
Huruiki lies north east of Whangarei and is surrounded by descendants of both Patuone and Wetere.
Here's a bit of a 'SNAP' Moana, i notice the Rugby field in Mokau (Awakino) is on Wetere whenua, so is the original Rugby field in Mokau (Whangaruru) on Wetere whenua.
How's Ohawini Stu?
Nga mihi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 1:14 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora gray

Here's the link
http://www.patuone.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 4:20 pm
Mana-Wahine OWC
(@mana-wahine-owc)

kia ora,

i descend from eruera maihi patuone,my nana is a Tau from kaikohe whose mother was a Bryers whose mother was Harata Hohaia grandaughter of patuone, but yeah should contact ngapuhi chairperson Sonny Tau my nana's brother,he would tell you everything you need to know . .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2008 9:00 pm
anesha.p@hotmail.com OWC
(@anesha-photmail-com-owc)

Aperahama Wananga 31st May 2008, Mahi Maru Marae, State Highway 10 Awanui. Desendents of Eruera Maihi Patuone.

The 31st is yet to be verified they are having a meeting this week to decide and will post it

Edited by - anesha.p@hotmail.com on Apr 04 2008 10:35:42 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 April, 2008 10:32 pm
Share: