Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RANSFIELD POLY.(PARE) MOTHER. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO MY BIRTH FATHER IS ?.  

RSS
TipeneR OWC
(@tipener-owc)

KIA ORA DONT KNOW MUCH BOUT MOTHER . ADOPTED OUT AS BABY. BORN DEC 23 12 64 .AUCKLND NZ. FATHER UNKNOWN. POLY DIED 1966. SHE WAS MAORI. HER PARENTS (MANU) RANSFIELD. TE MAIRE TAMIHANA. SHE WAS BOUGHT UP BY MANUS SISTER HIHIWA TAEKATA. ROTOKAWA ROTORUA.ALL DECEASED. POLY HAD 3 SONS WIREMU , TAI, & MYSELF. I WASNT KNOW BOUT. IS THER ANYONE THAT HELP ME WITH INFO? ID SAY FATHER PAKEHA.SOMEONE MAY REMEMBER POLY & him BEIN TOGETHER AT TIME. WORTH A SHOT. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE OF MY WHAKAPAPA MOTHER SIDE IF ANY ONE COULD HELP.CHOICE.LOVE TO KNOW FAMILY CONECTIONS. THANKS .

Posted : 24 April, 2007 3:31 am
whakar OWC
(@whakar-owc)

i suggest you phone john ransfield in rotorua his numbers in the directory,if anyone was to know it would be him or his daughter tui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 April, 2007 9:21 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

I agree with whakar, also, try & get to a hui or a tangi out at Pikirangi marae [Ngāti Pikiao]. Its past the airport on the right but dont go too fast or you'll miss it. Inside the whare tūpuna on the wall are lots of photos of the Ransfield tūpuna. You'll be 'blown away'. Out there is a great place to start. Matua John is a lovely humble person so give him a call. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2007 8:42 am
Share: