Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RAWIRI, Taiwewe Tokomana Te Taniwha  

RSS
jamal OWC
(@jamal-owc)

Kia ora
i am wanting to re establish contact with the whanau of Bill Rawiri.
i met some at the whare at Whatapaka marae.i have a teenage age son who is asking questions about his toto which i cannot answer any info or contact will be appreciated.

Posted : 28 January, 2007 8:40 pm
rangihapainga OWC
(@rangihapainga-owc)

Kia Ora, my name is Sheryn, Bill Rawiri was my uncle, my mothers younger brother, my mums name is Carol. I am getting goosebumps writing this as I have often wondered about Uncle Bill's family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2007 12:32 pm
waimango OWC
(@waimango-owc)

Are you referring to this tupuna?

Royal, Te Ahukaramu Charles. 'Te Taniwha, Tukumana 1862/1863? - 1941'. Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, updated 7 April 2006
URL: http://www.dnzb.govt.nz/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 3:46 pm
turia OWC
(@turia-owc)

Tena koutou Taiwiwi Tukumana Te Taniwha Rawiri, I am your fathers younger sister Turiakotahi, otherwise known as Julia. Your cousin Sheryn gave me your details as posted on this site. It would be wonderful to get to know you; I still miss my big brother.
Much aroha,

PS: Research as per Charles Royals' message above will help.

Julia S Turiakotahi Rawiri

Edited by - turia on Feb 11 2007 4:36:23 PM

Edited by - turia on Feb 11 2007 4:44:39 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2007 4:31 pm
Share: