Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

so PROUD to be Maori!!!! am i wrong?  

RSS
moanawhanau OWC
(@moanawhanau-owc)

I was just thinking to myself whilst im sitting on my little slice of rented property, whilst down the road i have an even larger piece of land that i actually OWN. mAN I am so proud to be MAORI! anybody else out there doing the same thing. HA HA LOL im in the throws of moving back on to my 1/2 acre section in taupiri and i just wanna like tell this pakeha world system to go jump in the awa & u know wat!!! Engari one step at a time i got a bit of work to do yet. But yes whanau, I AM very proud to be MAORI!

Posted : 21 January, 2008 9:27 am
moanawhanau OWC
(@moanawhanau-owc)

OOPS SORRY i forgot where i was, not really a whakapapa question is it! AROHA MAI (no need for reply) im outta here

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 9:30 am
matahuru OWC
(@matahuru-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanaunga

Tumeke alright and dont worry you are not the only one that throws items in this forum that shouldnt really be here haha.

All good, try the 'Information, Questions, Requests' forum. Just about anything goes in there. As for your comments.

E Whakaae ana au i a koe. Ka korero atu ki nga tauiwi ma e peke ki roto i te awa na te mea, i nga ra i mua i riro ai te whenua ki te pakeha engari ki tenei wa ko ta tatou te iwi maori e taea e hoko ana to tatou whenua tupuna ano!

Ko Tainui te waka
Ko Waikato te awa
Ko Taupiri te maunga tapu

He piko he taniwha
He piko he taniwha
He piko he taniwha rau!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 11:19 am
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

I own land too (well the whanau owns the land) and I'm a billion kilometers away...you're so lucky!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2008 2:42 pm
pepe OWC
(@pepe-owc)

Kia ora,
Yes most of us are stuck in the cities trying to make a living miles away fom our multiowned whenua. It is a great privilege these days to be able to live on our land and I wish more of us could, but it is hard to reach agreement with the other owners in order to do so. then it is a logistical nightmare not to mention sooo expensive to have the services such as water, sewerage, electricity run in especially in the more remote areas and meet all the govt/council requirements as well. How did you manage all that red tape?
You have every reason to be proud of yourself and I only wish more of us were in the same position. I look forward to hearing how you accomplished it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 February, 2008 5:20 pm
Gemini G OWC
(@gemini-g-owc)
Eminent Member

Te na ko e moanawhanau,

ALL Maori Lands are Whakapapa grounds, any which way, so you are well within your rights to be in this forum with your topic.

And may I say to pepe, that before the partitions or divisions of the Lands, that all the families had equal shares and mana over it, as a whole. And shared the mahi. And that they were all one in that way.

And that the partitions caused divisions between the families. Each family had their own space according to the size of it. Some Fathers and Mothers had many Children, some not as many. And only used the space that was needed, nothing more, nothing less.

Divide and conquer has always been the strategy of the Governments.

Well they succeeded in dividing the Peoples, but hadn't quite conquered them.

After all, Maori never wrote the Treaty!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 February, 2008 6:56 pm
Share: