Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Thompson/Anderson  

RSS
mypony OWC
(@mypony-owc)

I am looking to trace my mothers whakapapa. Her father was Tauphere Thompson and mother was Dellie Anderson from kaiaua. Can anyone help me as I would like to have her whakapapa tattooed and my son also wants it. She was born in Kaiaua and was raised by her maternal grandparents there. She was known as dear to the old people. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 11 August, 2007 4:16 pm
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

E te whanaunga tena ra koe,

No Ngati Whanaunga raua ko Ngati Paoa taua kainga. No reira, no ngaua iwi tokorua koe.

Kaore au e mohio ana ko wai a Dellie Anderson, heoi ano, e ai ki taku whakapapa, ka moe te tamahine a Te Tipa, a Rangipeka, ki toku koroua tuarua. Koia nei te hono ki nga Andersons, ina hoki no te Taitokerau taua ingoa. Koia te hono ki Te Rarawa, ki a Panguru. Na kona matou i hono ai ki taua hapu Kotimana e kiia nei ko Anderson. Ko ta ratou pepeha, 'Tu maia'.

That kainga belongs to both Ngati Whanaunga and Ngati Paoa. Therefore, you are from those two peoples.

I don't know who Dellie Anderson was, but in my whakapapa, Te Tipa's daughter, Rangipeka, married my great grandfather. That's the connection to the Andersons, as that name comes from the Taitokerau. That's a Te Rarawa connection to Panguru. Through that, we have inherited the Scottish clan connection to the Andersons. Their saying is 'Stand sure'.

Edited by - tane_ariki on Aug 11 2007 7:58:46 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2007 7:54 pm
Share: