Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Times and Days for Whakapapa Club Hui  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora koutou,

Wow! What a great response and tena koutou to maori.org.nz for working on the code for us

I suppose we need to work out good times and days as we have to take into account our whanaunga in Aus - not fair if we set the time at 8am NZT as that would be 6am in Sydney and 5am in Brisbane! So if you could post here times and days that are good for you, we can work out the day and time for our first hui. We will also need to put in the time in NZ time so we are all working with the same time system. I suggest NZ time as the times shown here for posts are NZ time.

If you are in another country and are not too sure of the time difference, NZ is plus 12 GMT. [url="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/"]Here[/url] is a link to the current time around the world and [url="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html"]here[/url] is a link to Time Zone Converter if you are not too sure on the time differences. Choose either Auckland or Wellington to convert to - it does not matter.

Also, it would depend if people use the net to come here from home or work.

We need to work out days as well - for example if someone has regular committments on a Monday, then put in Monday is not a good day.

One other thing, monthly or bi-monthly?

So here is my information.

I am flexible with time, anytime after 3pm NZT is fine and any day is okay. Meeting monthly or bi-monthly does not worry me either

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

Posted : 23 February, 2005 3:20 pm
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora,

mmm....no matter what time & day for me.
I'll go with the flow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2005 4:22 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena koe Poutokomanawa

E tautoko ana to mihi ki a maori.org.nz

Seeing as I am the first from across the ditch - to reply, (I hope it has some sort of merit, if not, oh well,aroha ki au)

Anyway on a more serious note, for me the weekends would be best - re: Saturday/Sunday anytime after EST 5pm NSW time (NZT 3pm)
or Weekdays: Wed, Thurs, Fri from EST NSW 7pm (NZT 5pm).
Then again, if the majority go with another/any time, day, then I have no probs with that.

I think the only time that we would have a 3 hour difference would be when daylight saving ends.

Here are the time differnces for each state: (if anyone is interested)

Queensland, the Northern Territory and Western Australia do not participate in Daylight Saving

Queensland is 3 hours behind NZ time

Northern Territory approx 3 hours 30mins behind NZ time

Western Australia 5 hours behind NZ time

New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, ACT, Tasmania Daylight Savings ends 27/03/2005

NSW, Vic, Tasmania, ACT 2 hours behind NZ time

SA is approx 2.30mins behind NZ time.

Whoa, I'm pretty sure thats correct, if not aroha mai.

And I am flexible wether it be monthly, or bi monthly, but I guess, depending on the volume of queries we get, it will soon tell us wether we need to change the from bi monthly to monthly and vice versa.

Anyway enough from me.

Looking forward to the first chat.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2005 10:31 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Ae kia ora tatou e tautoko nei i tenei kaupapa hou. Evenings weekdays from 8.30 pm and mostly anytime during the weekends, times during the day for me are staggard, it is when I am free to get to the 'puter and online. Aa te waa ka korero ano tatou.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 February, 2005 9:59 am
design05 OWC
(@design05-owc)

Kia ora

Just joining in, absolutely BRILLIANT idea! I'm ok for evenings or weekends.

Look forward to the first mtg.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 February, 2005 11:31 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora design05

Nau mai haere mai and welcome! Great to see you join us

[url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=419&FORUM_ID=30&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=Whakapapa+Club%3F&Forum_Title=Whakapapa+Club"]Here[/url] is a link to the background of how we got onto this kaupapa just in case people are not too sure reading this panui what is happening!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 February, 2005 12:50 am
ddblue
(@ddblue)

Kia ora whakapapa whanau I will fall into line with what every times you decide. We can not please everyone specially here in oz with the different time zone. I note that oz has a membership of 32% to Aotearoa and more panui's will come from Aotearoa now and in the future.

I will follow this panui with much interest.

Jackson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 February, 2005 9:52 am
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia ora ano Poutokomanawa

I am sorry but I forgot the days and time that was suitable for me
but the weekends are best for me as I work during the week and not home until after 7pm but anytime is ok.
I am open for anything and I will always try to fit in any where
Poutokomanawa I will go with the flow
kia kaha my friend and keep up your awesome work

na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2005 10:51 pm
Ginseng OWC
(@ginseng-owc)

I'm cool with anything during the week 6:30pm onwards and weekends =-)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2005 12:07 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano,

Well things seem to be moving along nicely - maori.org.nz are getting ready to test the code so we had better firm up times / days

Reading all of these posts, I guess the common theme is week evenings or weekends. IMHO weekends would be easier for all of us, especially for those who work during the week.

So how about Weekends 8.30pm - 10:30pm NZT then if everyone is okay with that we can then narrow it down to a day (Fri / Sat / Sun) and once we have that then to the first date

The 8.30pm - 10:30pm is just a guideline, for example if we are all chatting away and getting places and it comes 10:30pm we do not all suddenly get off! Likewise, if a person say is busy at 8:30pm then they can pop along before 10:30pm.

I understand what you mean ddblue about Aus, but I so feel for alot of our whanaunga there who are looking for whanau info, and to me it is important that our Whakapapa Club is inclusive of as many of our whanaunga as possible who want to participate

And I feel that the korero here with the suggested time that I have put, may enable not only the North Islanders and South Islanders to participate, but also the West Islanders too!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2005 10:27 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Tena koe Poutokomanawa

Weekends 8.30pm - 10:30pm NZT is fine with as well as whatever day is chosenie: Fri, Sat, or Sun

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2005 12:56 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Ae e pai ana tena waa mooku.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2005 1:04 pm
ddblue
(@ddblue)

Kia ora Poutokomanawa

You times 8.30pm - 10.30pm NZT is great. I would suggest a BOOT agent be put into the room just to keep an eye on the type of script being used. I have seen chat rooms get disrupted by one person because they know they are safe from being kicked out no matter how abusive they can get.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2005 2:00 pm
Ginseng OWC
(@ginseng-owc)

The weekend sounds great, works for me. I'm flexible with month or bi-monthly.

Edited by - Ginseng on Feb 28 2005 2:49:03 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2005 2:46 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia ora Poutokomanawa

I totally agree 8.30pm -10.30pm is A-ok with me

I am flexible to what ever that is suggested

kia ora koe e hoa

na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2005 10:54 pm