Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUKOTAHI TIAKO, John Hore  

RSS
killashandrah OWC
(@killashandrah-owc)

Kia ora tatou, I am looking for information on the early years of my grandfather, John Hore Tiako, born in Wanganui.

It wasn't until he returned from the wars that he found his birth name was Tukotahi.

Unfortunately, I became interested too late to learn the korero from him directly, although I do know he didn't talk much about it while he was with us. So, if there is anyone out there with kuia or kaumatua who knew him or my Nana, please get in touch.

We do have a whakapapa in the family so while this gives us that link, it's the personal stories that will help fill out his life.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Posted : 10 March, 2007 8:04 pm
Share: