Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Walker / Guildings Whakapapa  

RSS
Martee OWC
(@martee-owc)

Kia Ora, i thought i would give this a go, i am hoping this is enough information, i am looking for anything that gives me a sense of belonging and answers to who is my Tupuna, My Maunga, My Awa, My Marae and anything else that relates.

I am Researching on my Grandfather Raymond Angus WALKER was born in Te Aroha 1910 and past away 1972( i think) his ashes mum said were scattered on a Maunga in Te Aroha.

Raymond had 4 Brothers, Hari (Harold), Eddie, Albie and Bill WALKER, there Mother was Marie GUILDINGS, not sure who his father was.

1944 my mum Marie WALKER and her brother Raymond Barry Brian WALKER was born and brought up in Ponsonby Auckland, so am guessing my Grandfather would of moved up to Auckland around 1940 (i think), where he worked and meet my grandmother Olive Everlyn HACK who was born in Piopio and past 2003 in Auckland(european desent).

I did a bit of research last year i got an email from a DIXON who mentioned to me that the WALKER and GUILDINGS are one family who are desendants of Mere PEKA of Tumutumu and are from Tui Pa Marae in Te Aroha i am not sure how we relate to the PEKA? is that my Tupuna? only that my grandfather was born in Te Aroha so am thinking maybe we are from there, i have tried to email but no reply.

please help if you can, i appreciate any advice. Thanks

Edited by - Martee on Feb 27 2008 7:49:44 PM

Posted : 25 February, 2008 9:19 pm
Share: