Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

What does this mean??  

RSS
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

When i got some whakapapa given to me which was acquired from a database of pedigree charts I am curious to know why there are crosses next to some of the names and why some of the names have two crosses through them!

Could some kind person shed some light on this.

Posted : 06 December, 2005 1:26 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

The crosses could mean theres a reference somewhere. Do you have other data that shows those crosses?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2006 4:34 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Nani

I have just been told that it (the cross as in Crucifix) means that they have been baptised and that if there is two horizontal lines through the crucifix they have passed on or desceased

My appologies to anyone out there that has read this and could not make out what I was talking about. But if this has made any sense to you then hopefully it has helped.

arohamai ano
Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2006 8:22 pm
Share: