Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHERE IS ONGARU?  

RSS
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora All.....Text

Can anyone help Im trying to find out where Ongaru is in New Zealand.
I had a phone call from B.D.M today with regards to a death certificate I requested.

They have told me that the person I have requested the certificate
for died in Ongaru.

I have done a search on the net and cant find it anywhere..

Anyone ideas???

Cheers

Posted : 24 November, 2005 4:49 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

Would it happen to be Ongarue?
If it is a mis- spelling. The Ongarue that I know of ,is around Taumaranui. Bennydale and Waimiha are also places around that area. I think you would call it the King Country. Hope that is some help. Good luck with your search.
Cheers.
Manu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 5:06 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

It could be Oamaru in South Canterbury

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2006 3:37 pm
Geraldine OWC
(@geraldine-owc)

the frist anwser you got from taumaranui there a river by that name call onarue theres about theres abaut four marae around that river two on the main road going north to tekuiti. theres two across the river .manu ariki , not to surer the name of the other

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2006 11:53 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora,Ongarue is a small village south of Waimiha along the main trunk railway line and is north of Okahukura in the King Country just north of Taumarunui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 October, 2006 1:26 pm
ipahau OWC
(@ipahau-owc)

There is a place called ONGARUE which is south of Taumarunui in the North Island. I do not know of a place called ONGARU however.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 October, 2006 2:30 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Between the ongarue and retaruke waipa valley through the taumarunui and waimarino districts to whanganui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 October, 2006 5:01 pm
Animags OWC
(@animags-owc)

Tena Koutou,
The Ongaru that I know of is associated with us here in Ngati Ngawaero (south of Te Awamutu in the Waikato region) depending on the date on the requested certificate, will possibly decide if in fact this is the Ongaru in question. Just a lil somethig to add to the kete. Hey gerealdine..I like your Avatar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 October, 2006 6:47 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Ae kiaora Ngaawaero. There is a Ongarue and Ongaru, the Ongaru you are looking for is exactly where my friend above me said it is, close to Te Awamutu, in the old days it was a famous pa site and dwelling place of Ngaati Maniapoto. I dont know what is of it today, i hope this helps
Kiaora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 October, 2006 12:39 pm
Share: