Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Nostradamus Prophecies-Apocalypse 2012  

RSS

Ngamotu34
(@ngamotu34)
Eminent Member
22 March, 2012 3:50 pm  

Must be going blind, - couldn't find a "start a new topic" in papapanui.
So here we are.

Seems everyone's talking about planet earth nearing the beginning of the end of this era.
What does that mean for us?
Should we be prepared just in case?

Any thoughts?

ReplyQuote
wake-williams
(@wake-williams)
08 May, 2012 3:00 pm  

Just be a good person cuz. We should all try and do that anyway.

ReplyQuote
kakawahanui
(@kakawahanui)
Eminent Member
08 May, 2012 10:05 pm  

Kia ora whanau,

Prophecies are interesting as the problem is how they are interpreted and often the people doing the interpreting don't have the same world view as the person who did the prophecy.

The whakatauki that springs to mind is
Kei tua o te awe mapara he tangata ke
Ka huri ia i te ao - he ma

That was said before the pakeha arrived but people at the turn of last century interpreted it as
Beyond the tattooed face a stranger appears
He will inherit the world - he's white
and the doomsayers said that this is about Maori being a dying race.

Well I disagree with that interpretation. To me the word ma in the whakatauki is not white but clean. So the whakatauki is not saying that the world will be taken over by pakeha, but that Maori will stop wearing the traditional Ta Moko made of the awe mapara and therefore we will have clean faces 🙂

Now if we look at the Nostradamus Prophecies and even the Mayan calendar which the doomsayers are saying means that the world will end this year.

Maybe the Mayans figured that they would still be around in 2012 and by now they would have updated their calendar? After all the Mayan calendar is just over 5,000 years long and started around 3,000 BC so the current Mayan calendar that is about to expire is over 5000 years old - so really needs an update!

What does it mean to us the op asked. Well, it means that there could be changes - I am not up on the Nostradamus Prophecies so cannot really comment about them, although the interesting thing will be who interpreted them and what is their world view?

But as a kaka wahanui I will add another dimension to this korero - we are also entering the age of aquarius - I'm sure us older ones know the song:

When the moon is in the 7th house
and Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
and love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

And we are entering this phase now. It will not be one day not and one day here. It like all things takes time

Also the last page of the Dresden Codex (which is the name given to the ancient Mayan book about the Mayan prophecy) has a large figure in the center that represents a water-bearer announcing the end of the age - that is the current age - which is the age of Pisces. How strange is it that a water-bearer also happens to be the sign that announces the arrival of the new age of Aquarius?

Anyone want to share about the Nostradamus Prophecies?

kakakakakakakakakakakaka

ReplyQuote
wake-williams
(@wake-williams)
09 May, 2012 12:11 am  

The thing about Nostradamus is he tended to be kind of vague about things. I'm not sure about the specific quote, but the stuff I've read as predictions really could have meant a number of different things. Mayans were smart, but to me, 2012 is just the end of a gigantic calendar month.

ReplyQuote
kakawahanui
(@kakawahanui)
Eminent Member
09 May, 2012 12:40 am  

Ha! Then like most predictions or prophecies the vagueness leaves it is up to the reader to do the interpreting.

[quote]Mayans were smart, but to me, 2012 is just the end of a gigantic calendar month[/quote]
So true! although I would say that it is the end of a gigantic calendar cycle 😀

kakakakakakakakakakakaka

ReplyQuote
wake-williams
(@wake-williams)
09 May, 2012 4:36 am  

I've found that people with a great wealth of knowledge, like many koru and kuia, often speak in this way. I would think that a couple hundred years ago it was quite common for Maori to speak like this, so I can definitely understand the affinity for Nostradamus. The statements are supposed to make you think. It's like the gift that keeps on giving. I don't know that I'd like to dwell on doom though.

Maybe 2012 is the truth serum for us all. I think if the world really is going to end, then we're likely to show ourselves entirely. Maybe this will help us to free our minds.

ReplyQuote
kakawahanui
(@kakawahanui)
Eminent Member
12 May, 2012 7:50 pm  

Ha! It's official now! So no worries about the end of the world in 2012 - so start planning for the future! :approve:

[quote]Archaeologists have found a small room in Mayan ruins where royal scribes apparently used walls like a blackboard to keep track of astronomical records and the society's intricate calendar some 1200 years ago.

The walls reveal the oldest known astronomical tables from the Maya. Scientists already knew they must have been keeping such records at that time, but until now the oldest known examples dated from about 600 years later.

Astronomical records were key to the Mayan calendar, which has gotten some attention recently because of doomsday warnings that it predicts the end of the world this December. Experts say it makes no such prediction. The new finding provides a bit of backup: The calculations include a time span longer than 6000 years that could extend well beyond 2012.

"Why would they go into those numbers if the world is going to come to an end this year?" observed Anthony Aveni of Colgate University in New York, an expert on Mayan astronomy. "You could say a number that big at least suggests that time marches on."[/quote]

I found this today at the NZ Herald site - here is the full article [url= http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10805285]Mayan calendar find cancels doomsday[/url]

kakakakakakakakakakakaka

ReplyQuote
wake-williams
(@wake-williams)
17 May, 2012 1:52 pm  

That's funny. I'm up for everyone thinking it's the end of the world though. Maybe things will change for the better.

ReplyQuote
Ngamotu34
(@ngamotu34)
Eminent Member
26 May, 2012 9:47 am  

The History channel ran a series on The Nostradamus Effect, half of which I missed. So I ordered "The Nostradamus Effect" from Mardec's.(I think that's their name!)
Doesn't just cover the prophesies of Nostradamus but also every other conceivable subject involved with the end of life on our planet, - population, wars, diseases, economics, starvation, pollution, etc., - & last but not least, - Bible prohecies. It's amazing how all of these things line up, how many have already come to pass.

If you have Sky TV, watch Irvin Baxter on Monday nights at 7.30 on the Daystar channel 112, after Shortland Street. He's an expert on the end time scenario.

ReplyQuote
JohnArcher
(@johnarcher)
01 June, 2012 5:23 pm  

The Nostrodamus prophesies work the same way as The Rorschach Inkblot Test images don't they?
[img] [/img]
People are presented with a deliberately vague graphic or descriptive image, and how they interpret it tell us only what is going on in the back of their minds.

ReplyQuote
Ngamotu34
(@ngamotu34)
Eminent Member
09 June, 2012 12:01 pm  

I think you're right, John. I watched "Nostradamus Decoded" on Discovery last night & it had a balanced presentation of those who believe in the prophesies & those who don't. Nostradamus believe history repeated itself, & it obviously does. But with each repete, things get progressively worse. doom & gloom is now a global phenomenon.
We thought Hitler was bad enough, just wait til the 3rd anti-Christ shows up! He & his prophet will hoodwink nearly everyone into believing their agenda is good & that they alone can solve the world's problems. When he ditches his prophet & sets himself up as God, the end of this era will be nigh!
The Revelations of the Apocalypse can seem far out, but the same God who created this magnificent universe is well able to do anything. But He will not impose Himself on humanity until His time.

I also watched the research into the Shroud of Turin last night on Shine. It also proves the power of God that scientists can't fathom. Hopefully they'll repeat it, well worth watching.

I don't think we can surpass the prophesies of the Bible

ReplyQuote
Ngamotu34
(@ngamotu34)
Eminent Member
28 March, 2013 1:40 pm  

Watch Daystar from 9 pm to 10 on Mondays if you're on Sky, very interesting!

ReplyQuote
Share: