Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HUDSON, Henry and MERITO, Wiripene  

RSS
Dwayne Hudson OWC
(@dwayne-hudson-owc)

To all mokopuna of HH and Wiri, a week long Whanau Reunion is being held in Dec 2005 to Jan 2006 in Rotorua. Come and reconnect with us, in Te Arawa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 April, 2005 1:04 am
athol corbett OWC
(@athol-corbett-owc)

Kia Ora Dwayne, I am a photographer based in AK and I photograph whanau reunions throughout the North Island. There is NO COST to your organisation for my services, the only cost is to the personnel who wish to order their respective whanau / descendants/ group photos.
I can email a proposal letter and references for you and your reunion committee to consider, if you wish.
Ka Kite Ano, Athol Corbett.
athol.corbett@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 July, 2005 9:59 am
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora,
Unfortunately our reunion never happened due to unforseen circumstances. But I would still love to research whakapapa for our whanau. Our intended week in Rotorua was to familiarize our whanau with our Tuhourangi whakapapa. Dwayne and I are first cousins and our grandmother was Wiripene Merito. Her mother was Peeti Horomona of Ngati Manawa. Peeti's father was Te Peeti Horomona and her mother was Erena Taupopoki. It has been told to us that Erena was the paramount chief Mita Taupopoki's sister.
If anyone could awhi us with information that could benefit our research it would be much appreciated. Kia Ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2007 6:14 pm
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora Ano,
I am also researching whakapapa on our grandfather Henare Motutere Hudson side as well. Koro was from Opape, Opotiki. His father was Joseph Rakena Hudson or Hatihana and koro's mother was Rangi Te Haeata. Joseph's mother was Roka Manutaharoa but could have had other names. Joseph's father was European. I am trying to find the connection we have with the Ranapia whanau of Opape. My koro's brothers were Te Paapu, George(Hori), Tua, Wiremu. His sisters were Te Mamae, Whaitiri, Wini and Rihi(Lizzie). Unfortunately we have no whakapapa for Rangi Te haeata except that she was Ngati Awa and that some of her sisters could have married into Te Teko.
If anyone has information that could help we would be so grateful. Kia Ora Ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2007 6:31 pm
Share: