Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RANGITAAWA WHANAU  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC
(@ataahuahotmail-com-owc)

Does anyone have the Rangitaawa Whakapapa? I am collating for my family. I am a mokopuna of Ngatata raua Ko Kahutanga Rangitaawa. I live in Hokianga and I too have a family. Could anyone of the whanau help me here please. I would appreciate it.
Kia ora

na Piaterihi Watene

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 12:09 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora.

My husbands grandmother is a Rangitaawa married a Reihana, from the Maniapoto region you can contact Otewa Marae, Otorohanga and see if they have a contact number for a Kaumatua Ben Rangitaawa he is the one to contact in regards to the Rangitaawa whanau Whakapapa.

I hope this has been helpful and bid you good luck on your quest!!

Na Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 2:25 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

My nephew is a Rangitaawa, his mother being my sister and his dad being Don Rangitaawa. The Rangitaawa whanau are from Otorohanga, as the last postee mentioned. Don's sister, Marilyn compiled the Rangitaawa Whanau Reunion Book a few years back, and I found it well presented, showing various whakapapa lines from Moutere Rangitaawa's descent back to a his tipuna, and Moutere's uri. I had it on loan, but handed it back to my nephew. Maybe their Marae is the best contact for their whakapapa. I can't seem to find my photocopied whakapapa at this moment of the Rangitaawa Whanau [extracted from the Reunion Book].
All the best on your search!

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 6:49 pm
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC

kia ora ki a koe Hohaia.
I heard about the reunion that was held in the Waikato district, I was unable to make it as my family was sick. However, do you happen to know the people of that marae or, anyone that I can get a hold of? i would appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 9:13 pm
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC

Thank you Hohaia and you Kaye Kaye for being hepful. I am pleased. I do know Ben Rangitaawa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 9:18 pm
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC

My grand dad is Ngatata and my grand mother is Kahutanga. They were a very handsome couple indeed. I am hoping to collate some pictures along with the whakapapa that I am doing for my family. Has anyone got photos of my grand parents? I would love to have a photo of them.
Pretty please

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 9:22 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe e Beatrice,

As I mentioned in my previous posting, the Rangitaawa Whanau Reunion Book compiled by Marilyn was well presented, included in it was alot of photos of their and your tipuna. I may have to pay a visit to my nephew to see if there were photos of Ngatata & Kahutanga Rangitaawa [I don't doubt there were photos of your grandparents in the reunion book as there were plenty of photos included].
Barring that, I might have to get a contact address or phone # to Marilyn via my ex brother-in-law, Don Rangitaawa [Marilyn's brother] for you.
Will keep you posted Beatrice.

Ma te wa,

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 9:40 pm
Manawa_Timu_Ngaati_Kahungunu
(@manawa_timu_ngaati_kahungunu)

Kia ora,

If you are still looking for Ben Rangitaawas phone number it is 078738350

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2006 7:11 pm
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC

kia ora ki a koe Hohaia me Manawa mo o raua tautoko ki a ahau.
Thank you Hohaia and Manawa for your support I thank you so much
na
Beatrice

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2006 4:14 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

RANGITAAKIRI = MARAEA TE KAHU WHETU
|
MOUTERE RANGITAAWA = RONGORUA HAKOPA [He Tamahine o HAKOPA raua ko HAKAHAKA]
|
MOHITI MOUTERE RANGITAAWA
|
HUARUHE RANGITAAWA
|
HINETEURU [TANGIWAI] RANGITAAWA
|
KAITAPAPA RANGITAAWA
|
HEMI RANGITAAWA
|
TE NGATATA O TE RANGI RANGITAAWA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2006 2:28 am
Missxstatic OWC
(@missxstatic-owc)

The First post I see is by Whanau 😛

I am only new to this site, I live in Australia and do not know much about my Whanau, Iwi etc.

I am of the Morgan Whanau in Otorohanga who is also related to the Rangitaawa Whanau. We still have whanau in Sangro Cres and they still keep in touch with as much Whanau as possible.

If you are still unable to find the information you need, I will ask my Aunty Temamae (Vivian) Morgan, as she knows alot of the Whanau and helps us all out alot :o)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2006 7:25 pm
Starlight OWC
(@starlight-owc)

Kia ora My Name is Leah Hinerangi Roberts my Grandfather is John Adam Rangitaawa who is my mothers father and the oldest brother of Ben Rangitaawa

Edited by - Starlight on Aug 29 2006 12:04:34 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2006 12:02 am
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC

Ki a koutou te whanau o Rangitaawa
tena koutou mo a koutou awhi ki a ahau. Tino hari te ngakau. Engari, kei te mohio koutou,he utu mo te pukapuka?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2007 5:19 pm
ataahua@hotmail.com OWC

Arohamai whanau.
It has taken me this long to answer to all of your questions and answers. Havent been the best, and the weather has been playing havoc up this ways: computer problems etc you name it, too much. On the ball now.
keep the contacts open please. I am going to venture down those ways again, on my way home to Taranaki. Until then, keep up the tapping.
Piaterihi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2007 5:31 pm
wenoman
(@wenoman)

Kia ora,
Matire Barrett(nee Rangitaawa)was my great great great grandmother,for another way to find more information is through the Barrett Whakapapa titled ? Caroline Te Maawe, Ngati Te Maawe.I would share information,but after 3 years or more,my whakapapa is still being borrowed.Im sure we have whanau out there who could share there copy with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 October, 2007 1:24 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: