Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAARE - Descendants of Natanahira & Materoa  

RSS
dotnblk OWC
(@dotnblk-owc)

WHEN: 30th December 2005 to 4th January 2006
WHERE: Hinepare Marae, Rangitukia

Edited by - dotnblk on Jan 16 2006 12:45:13 PM

Edited by - dotnblk on Jan 16 2006 12:47:14 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 8:44 am
hearty nati OWC
(@hearty-nati-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora cuzzin,pehea ana koe?

long time no c, i ben busy at kura so i havnt been able to email lately.

can u tel ur kuia that my nans unveiling will be next year...not sure wat time but in the middle of the year.

thanx 4 u can,ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 4:16 pm
dotnblk OWC
(@dotnblk-owc)

Kia Ora Greg,
Gee long time no hear, like you i've been busy with uni also. I'll pass the info on about your nan, so keep us updated with the developments.

Ka kite
Dorothy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 November, 2005 7:29 am
sonias@kol.co.nz OWC
(@soniaskol-co-nz-owc)

kia ora dorothy.havent seen the name Taare anywhere till now.My great great grandfather Hoani Kahaki, married Marie Taare.They had 11 kids, half born in Takapau (hawkes Bay ,the others in Te Rahui-Waiapu.I dont have a lot of information on Marie and would appreciate any thing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 7:09 am
dotnblk OWC
(@dotnblk-owc)

Kia Ora Sonia,
Thanks for your query but the name Marie Taare
does'nt ring a bell. Maybe other whanau members might recognize the name and get in touch with you.

Ka Kite

Dorothy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2005 7:52 pm
ruza OWC
(@ruza-owc)

quote:

kia ora dorothy.havent seen the name Taare anywhere till now.My great great grandfather Hoani Kahaki, married Marie Taare.They had 11 kids, half born in Takapau (hawkes Bay ,the others in Te Rahui-Waiapu.I dont have a lot of information on Marie and would appreciate any thing

Kia ora whanau. Hoani Kahaki married Maria Taare; sister to Hoani, Hoana, Etera Rohi, Te Rina, Ani Paku & Ihipera (All were children of Ani kanara Rangirangi & Charles Christian - son of Fletcher Christian)- who were Ipa's (Natanahira) grand parents & Hoani is Ipa's father & his mother was Heni Paerata. I am the sixth grandchild of Natana & Materoa Taare(Ipa & Nan) Hei Kona Bernadette

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2005 11:29 am
waikawa OWC
(@waikawa-owc)

Ruza

Tell me the connection between Charles Christian and Fletcher Christian....what I'm thinking is that you think Charles is Fletcher's son. Now my question to you is how do you know this?

I'm just as curious as everyone else. I too am an uri of Charles Christian and Ani Kanara.

My Great grandmother was Hoana Taare who married Iharaira Parapara.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2006 2:31 am
micat101 OWC
(@micat101-owc)

Gidday to one and all.Firstly a brief outline of who I am.My name is Michael Martin and I have lived in Australia for the last 40years so most of what I have to say will be in English.My father was Colin Paul Martin,my grandfather was James Paul Martin,my great grandfather was Charles Martin and my great great grandfather was Charles Christian who was married to Ani Kanara.My dilemma is and it appears to be the same with many others,is the connection of Charles Christian to Fletcher Christian.Some say father and son,possibly,as Fletcher had 2 sons and a daughter that I am aware of.The oldest being Thursday October Christian,then Charles then Mary Ann.There has been nothing written about Charles or Mary Ann that I can find,however,much has been written about Thursday and it goes without saying he is the son of Fletcher.Thursday was also known as "The Spaniard" because of a hat he used to wear.I have in my possession Ani Kanaras Whakapapa and it shows her husband as Taare Paniora which means Charles the Spaniard,is this the connection?I have also found Charles Preston Christian who was married to an Ani Kanara and it is said he was born in Peru 1824.

Edited by - micat101 on Sep 16 2006 1:38:45 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2006 1:22 pm
DavidMartin
(@davidmartin)

Hi.

I'm David Martin and live in the UK.

I too have James Paul "Punch" Martin as my grandfather which means we are cousins - hello cousin! My father is - or at least was- Raymond Michael Martin. We have done some work on Ancestry.co.uk which you might like to check out. We have not proved a link between Taare Poriki/ Charles  Christian but have found some interesting information about his children. There is a description of him being "thick set" and "hairy" and being a "Spaniard" (although Spaniard may be a blanket term for anyone from the Iberian peninsular or thereabouts) - there is also some suggestion that he may have been from Madeira.... who knows?!

If you would like to get in touch please do so. It'd be great to hear from you.

David

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2018 7:52 pm
Share: